OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Leadership Annual Giving Officer
DIVISION: Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving
DEPARTMENT: University Advancement
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 13
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Annual Giving
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Leadership Annual Giving Officer is a digital fundraiser who works to solicit, retain, and upgrade mid-level donors and acquire new donors from engaged and unengaged donor groups at UMass Dartmouth. Working as part of the annual giving team, the Leadership Annual Giving Officer (LAGO) will leverage digital communication tools to share appropriate information with donors, express gratitude, and raise philanthropic dollars supporting a variety of units at UMass Dartmouth. This position will also support a variety of annual giving programs including student crowdfunding campaigns, recurring gift strategies, days of giving, stewardship touchpoints, and more.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Actively engage, build relationships, and solicit a portfolio of supporters and prospects through digital tools
• Mange a hand-selected portfolio of approximately 700-1,000 current and lapsed donors
• Execute monthly and quarterly touchpoint cadences across their portfolio to ensure consistent and relevant donor communication
• Build rapport, solicit and steward donors via technology platforms including EverTrue, Gravyty, ThankView, social media, video conferencing software, and email and through in-person individual meetings on and off campus
• Work with CRM software database systems including Advance, Blackbaud, EverTrue, Corsair Network, Microsoft Office Suite, and iModules
• Provide carefully crafted, customized and timely follow-up emails and thank-you notes upon meeting with donors
• Meet and exceed clearly defined activity, donor, and revenue goals
Student Crowdfunding, Recurring Giving, Donor Retention and Stewardship:
• Support campus partners and student groups to build and maintain crowdfunding campaigns, providing annual support for specific student-focused funds. Meet with volunteers, build giving sites, and create video and email content to solicit potential donors. Provide timely updates, impeccable customer service, and creative solutions to help raise funds
• Support the Director of Annual Giving and the Director of Donor Relations in creating and building a meaningful stewardship communication pipeline for donors to receive individual and customized content meaningful to their relationship with the University, informing donors of their impact
• Work to build a culture of philanthropy at UMass Dartmouth by collaborating with members of the University Advancement team to engage students in education on the importance of giving back. Create thank you videos and collaborate on creative strategies involving campus areas
Days of Giving:
• Assist the annual giving team with all aspects of special giving days at UMass Dartmouth (Corsair Challenge, Giving Tuesday, etc.); including but not limited to marketing, campus outreach, on-campus events, individualized outreach, campus partner meetings, and stewardship to achieve dollar and donor goals
• Build relationships across the University to be in a position to connect donors with relevant information, individual engagement opportunities, and philanthropic opportunities. Be fluent in areas of greatest need and fundraising priorities as informed by University Advancement with input from colleges and other departments
• Develop effective relationships and partnerships with colleagues in University Advancement by freely sharing appropriate information and aiding when needed, including staffing support at major events that may take place off-site and after work hours
• Occasional travel is required to attend off-campus events and presentations
• Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Annual Giving and/or Vice Chancellor for Advancement
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated (3 years) professional experience in sales, fundraising, marketing, customer services or transferrable skills. Enthusiasm and willingness to make direct person-to-person requests for financial support. Experience in a donor and/or customer-facing communications role. Proficiency with computers, data management, and data analytics.
OTHER: Evening and weekend hours as required. Occasional local and regional travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to take initiative and create/manage projects
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Creativity and enthusiasm for the Mission of UMass Dartmouth and public higher education
• Attention to detail in writing, digital communication, and appropriate follow-up
• Experience with iModules and CRM solutions with preference for a Salesforce CRM
• Strong technical acumen including proficiency in social media platforms and LinkedIn
• Excellent judgment, communication, customer service, and public relations skills required
• Must be able to work as part of a dynamic team in a service-oriented, fast-paced environment
• Valid driver’s license required
• Proficiency with digital fundraising tools
• The uniqueness of the University requires understanding and appreciation to better cultivate donors on their own terms
• Demonstrated understanding of annual giving and building a donor pipeline
Salary: $57,791 - $74,000
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits such as:
75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Long Term Disability
State Pension Retirement Plan
Optional Retirement Savings Plans
Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
Twelve (12) paid holidays.
Paid personal, vacation, and sick time.
Benefits for ESU Union: ESU
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for internal applicants is 02/09/2024.
The review of applications will begin 02/10/2024 and will be ongoing.