OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Systems and Data Integration Specialist
DIVISION: Administration & Facilities
BARGANINING UNIT STATUS: ESU
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Systems
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Systems and Data Integration Specialist works as a member of the IT Development and Integration team with focus on data architecture and automation for systems integrations. They work with campus constituents and vendors to analyze, establish, and document data integration requirements. They design, develop, and test integration processes. The Integration Specialist maintains core operational staging databases, data warehouses, and data marts as needed. They collaborate with other members of CITS to ensure data consistency and integrity, adhering to the University’s policies on security and privacy. They align data and business process needs in support of information systems. They actively seek improvements in their daily workflows and processes to improve efficiency. The Systems and Data Integration Specialist provides excellent customer service to our campus community in support of the academic and research mission at UMass Dartmouth.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention and assists in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, implements, and maintains data architectures and processes for system integrations
- Utilizes modern integration platforms (currently Boomi)
- Manages data integrity testing processes, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate sandboxes and coordinating actual testing
- Deploys databases and data processes to production with functional guidance from the Data Integration Engineer
- Continuously monitors systems, verifying the integrity and availability of all resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as ETL flows
- Works with campus constituents and vendors to create and manage complex workflow rules, data validation, and triggers
- Develops and creates customized reports, dashboards, and data visualizations
- Writes, maintains, and executes data extraction and integration queries
- Participates in database migrations, for example, by analyzing and resolving dependencies on existing database objects
- Prepares business cases for systems modifications that are deemed necessary
- Consults and collaborates with CITS teams and campus stakeholders as necessary
- Develops and maintains technical documentation for supported systems and processes including data dictionaries
- Explains technical solutions to non-subject matter experts
- Tracks and resolves escalated cases in the IT case management system
- Promotes cross-team and cross-functional collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Participates in professional development opportunities
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned and/or the job description changed periodically to reflect changing organization needs.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology related field
Demonstrated experience (over three years) analyzing, developing, and maintaining data architectures for information systems and systems integrations.
Demonstrated experience (over three years) with SQL databases and SQL query authoring.
Previous experience (over one year) creating, maintaining, and automating data integration/ETL tasks.
Will need to be available for off-hours, evening and/or weekends as projects dictate.
Some travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of SQL, JSON and XML
- Ability to read and understand the logic of programming code (for example PHP or Java) as it pertains to data dependencies
- Proven knowledge of information security, data integrity and consistency concepts as it pertains to data architectures and integrations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work assignments successfully in a collaborative environment
- Significant issue resolution skills
- Ability to approach projects and problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation
- Ability to make written and oral presentations clearly and effectively
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation (i.e. workflow diagrams, implementation instructions.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a diverse University community
- Positive customer service attitude, patience with customers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in higher education
- Working experience with the PeopleSoft data model
- Experience with data visualization packages
- Boomi developer certification
- Experience with Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Linux systems and understanding of shell scripts
Salary: $57,791 - $74,000
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits such as:
75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Long Term Disability
State Pension Retirement Plan
Optional Retirement Savings Plans
Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
Twelve (12) paid holidays.
Paid personal, vacation, and sick time.
Benefits for ESU Union: ESU
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for internal applicants is 02/07/2024
The review of applications will begin 02/08/2024 and will be ongoing.