OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Director of Alumni Relations
DEPARTMENT: Alumni Affairs
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 16
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice Chancellor for University Advancement
SUPERVISES: Provides direct supervision of Assistant Director of Alumni Relations as well as volunteers.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the development of relationships with and support from the University’s 60,000+ alumni. Plans, coordinates and implements alumni events, programs and initiatives in coordination with the Alumni Association, UMass Law Alumni Association, and the UMass staff. Maintains liaison between Alumni Office, Alumni Association, University Advancement and academic and administrative departments in a manner which is supportive of the University’s advancement, fund raising, career networking, and alumni relations goals.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and implements alumni engagement opportunities, including but not limited to events, conferences, alumni benefits programs, and programs including, but not limited to, Blue and Gold Weekend, Corsair Chats, class & affinity reunions, regional activities, networking and social events, special events, student and campus activities, and volunteer opportunities in coordination with the Alumni Association Advisory Board, UMass Law Alumni Association, and the UMass Dartmouth staff.
- Leading gathering and reporting on data to support ROI analysis of alumni activities, including donor and prospect engagement.
- Works with the Advancement Communications to produce alumni communications; release e-mail bulletins; and alert alumni to programs and opportunities through social media and the Corsair Network.
- Assists the Advancement staff with fund raising through developing strategies as well as soliciting financial and non-financial support from alumni for the University.
- Represents the University in various venues to cultivate individuals to ultimately secure current and future support in order to enhance the University’s mission.
- Provides staff support to the Vice Chancellor for Advancement and the Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving team and the Alumni Associations.
- Works with software database systems, including Advance, Blackbaud, EverTrue, Corsair Network, Microsoft Office and iModules.
- Maintains computerized information database relating to all alumni-related records.
- Functions as a liaison to the University’s alumni affinity and shared interest groups.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive alumni volunteer organization.
- Functions as an alumni relations liaison to academic and service departments within the University.
- Administers a system for allocation and monitoring of Alumni Association-sponsored scholarships, gifts and grants.
- Develops a broad base of support, both on and off campus, for alumni engagement including but not limited to alumni events and other programs.
- Increases cooperation ventures and development opportunities between the University and its alumni.
- Assists with preparation of and participation in meetings of the Alumni Associations and its committees.
- Coordinates the Student Alumni Association to work with the Alumni Association to help promote pride, tradition and lifetime engagement with University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
- Manages, maintains and effectively stewards the Alumni departmental budget.
- Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact reports filed in the CRM (currently Advance) and periodic attendance at prospect management meetings.
- Partner with Career Services to involve alumni in mentoring students and giving opportunities to students for internships and career-path employment.
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs.
- Partner with Admissions to spearhead the introduction of alumni involvement in the admissions process.
- Primary lead and platform administrator for the Corsair Network including serving as liaison for Graduway.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: Significant (over five years) of progressively responsible experience in alumni relations, special events, public affairs, relationship management or related field.
OTHER: Regular weekend and evening hours required. Local, regional and national travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have a proven track record of cultivating and facilitating relationships with and between alumni and have strong volunteer and event management skills (recruit and motivate volunteers).
- Experience with developing/implementing special events from concept development to implementation.
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities and achieve timely progress toward goals is essential.
- Applicants must possess initiative, be detailed-oriented, creative, efficient and able to handle diversified tasks concurrently.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion while engaged with individuals and groups in personal interactions of a sensitive nature, along with the ability to reason logically and analyze and solve organizational and operating problems for one or several program areas.
- Demonstrate ability to operate with a high degree of independence, judgment, consistency, and discretion.
- Must be able to work as part of a dynamic team in a service-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Master’s Degree
- Familiarity with UMass Dartmouth
- Experience with iModules and CRM solutions with preference for a salesforce CRM
Salary: $73,815 - $94,500
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits such as:
75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Long Term Disability
State Pension Retirement Plan
Optional Retirement Savings Plans
Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
Twelve (12) paid holidays.
Paid personal, vacation, and sick time.
Benefits for ESU Union: ESU
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for internal applicants is 01/17/2024.
The review of applications will begin 01/18/2024 and will be ongoing.