OFFICIAL TITLE: Professional Technician III
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: CVPA Dean's Office
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: AFT Librarians and Technicians
EEO STATUS: 37
JOB CODE: 4099
REPORTS TO: Assistant Dean
SUPERVISES: Work-Study and Student Employees
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provides support and coordination for all departmental computer labs. Serve as custodian of certain CVPA-owned equipment and musical instruments to be signed out by faculty and students. Provides assistance to students and faculty for the purpose of realizing their curriculum objectives. Participates in various educational and training sessions for faculty, staff, and students. In collaboration with senior technicians, provides support for CVPA media lab computer hardware and peripherals, including installation, preventive maintenance and repair. Provides support for digital display and audio system. Provides technical support for special projects and gallery exhibitions as needed. Works closely with senior technicians to assist the dean’s office, college departments, and staff to help develop and implement a college-wide technology plan.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assists in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of the student population.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install hardware and software on college media lab computers
- Maintain equipment, supply, software, and account inventories
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software problems and arrange necessary repairs
- Train and supervise student employees
- Perform routine maintenance on computer software, hardware, and peripherals
- Provide support for college classroom technology
- Develop a working knowledge of current instructional software
- Develop and coordinates lab schedules
- Work co-cooperatively with university computer and information technology services
- Responsible for social media posting and management
- Technical support for the CVPA website
- Run day-to-day operations of the color print center and keep abreast of printing technology
- Reform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: Experience and expertise in the installation and maintenance of computer software and hardware on both Mac OS and Windows PC technology.
OTHER: Graphic design experience. Familiarity and experience with social media.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work with faculty
- Ability to supervise student employees
- Desire and interest in learning and keeping abreast of the newest technology developments relating to art and music programs
- BFA or MFA degree
- Digital fabrication experience (i.e., laser cutter, 3D printer, CNC router, etc.)
- CAD experience - preferably Rhino and/or Fusion360
- Wood shop experience
- Metal fabrication experience
- Gallery installation experience
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits such as:
75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Long Term Disability
State Pension Retirement Plan
Optional Retirement Savings Plans
Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
Twelve (12) paid holidays
Paid personal, vacation, and sick time
Benefits for Faculty Federation Union-Faculty Federation
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
UMass Dartmouth requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all faculty, staff, and students who wish to work, live, learn or physically come to campus. Read More.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
This position will remain open until filled.