Temporary Hire: Residential Supervisor - GRANT-FUNDED
Job no: 518033
Work type: Staff Full Time, Hourly
Categories: Other Staff Positions
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Residential Supervisor- GRANT-FUNDED
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Upward Bound
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS/SALARY: Temporary, non-benefited
SALARY: $20.00/hour plus free room and board
GRANT FUNDED: X
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director and Program Coordinator
SUPERVISES: Assistant Residential Supervisor, Tutor Mentors
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To manage residential operations in a dormitory of 40+ Upward Bound students and direct a staff of 6-8 in the provision of tutoring and student activities.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and supervise residential staff in the delivery of services to students
- Responsible for the orderly maintenance of resident housing lists
- Issue room assignments in accordance with the instruction of the Program Coordinator
- Disperse and collect room keys as appropriate
- Report maintenance and custodial needs to appropriate university offices
- Serve as program liaison to University Housing Office
- Monitor and enforce student compliance with program rules related to residence quarters
- Supervise the assignment of tutorials
- Plan and coordinate cross-curricular and recreational programming
- Coordinate staff development activities, weekly staff meetings, and student assemblies
- Plan and supervise day and night duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator and Director
- On-call for students’ needs during residential stay
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred or college student senior or higher currently enrolled with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
EXPERIENCE: One-year successful experience working with disadvantaged high school students. Experience in programming and developing activities for students. Two years of college campus residential living experience as a student or staff.
OTHER: Demonstrated sensitivity to low-income students and ethnically and racially diverse student populations. On-campus residence is required during the summer program starting June 15, 2023 – August 4, 2023.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to create and maintain orderly housing records
- Demonstrated residential administration skills
- Knowledge of issues related to interpersonal dynamics in a dormitory of secondary school students
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate student activities
- Ability to promote, among students, an appreciation for academic excellence
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Knowledge of the rules of major sports
- Ability to represent a positive role model for students
- Previous residential experience as a staff member
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience managing staff, and building a positive team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of and experience in using positive behavioral management approaches with high school students preferred
- Experience and knowledge of best practices for mentoring and tutoring preferred
- Experience engaging with urban high school-aged youth preferred
UMass Dartmouth requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all faculty, staff, and students who wish to work, live, learn or physically come to campus. Read More.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend