OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Assistant Athletic Trainer (12 month position)
DIVISION: Administration and Facilities
DEPARTMENT: Athletics and Recreation
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 12
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Salary for ESU: Salary ESU
EEO STATUS: 3.9
JOB CODE: 199
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Athletics for Sports Medicine
SUPERVISES: Work Study Students
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Assists with the prevention, evaluation, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for 19 varsity programs; prepares for and provides coverage for athletic practices and contests.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Head Athletic Trainer with injury prevention, evaluation, care, and rehabilitation of participants of all varsity sports
- Maintains up-to-date accurate medical records
- Designs progressive individual rehabilitation programs
- Assists with coverage of home and select away athletic contests
- Serve as liaison with assigned sports and Athletics staff
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a CAATE approved curriculum.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated (over 3 years) experience as Athletic Trainer in a high school or collegiate setting.
OTHER: NATA BOC certification; MA license as Athletic Trainer; CPR/AED/FIRST AID certified. Weekend, evening, and holiday hours are required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong commitment to NCAA Division III philosophy
- Knowledge of the evaluation, care, and rehabilitation of sports injuries
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in multi-sport, broad based intercollegiate programs
- CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor
- Experience as a preceptor for athletic training degree program
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits such as:
75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Long Term Disability
State Pension Retirement Plan
Optional Retirement Savings Plans
Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
Twelve (12) paid holidays
Paid personal, vacation, and sick time
Benefits for ESU Union: ESU
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
UMass Dartmouth requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all faculty, staff, and students who wish to work, live, learn or physically come to campus. Read More.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for internal applicants is March 7, 2023.
The review of applications will begin March 8, 2023 and will be ongoing.