OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Assistant Director, OCE Admissions
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Online & Continuing Education
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 14
EEO STATUS: 3.1
JOB CODE: 043
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions & Operations
SUPERVISES: Daily functional supervision of Enrollment Specialists (2) and Administrative Assistants (2)
Salary for ESU: Salary ESU
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Assistant Director supports the strategic goal of the University to increase enrollment and retention in OCE supported programs by assisting the Director with administrative planning and ongoing communication with the OCE Leadership Team, colleges, departments, and administrative offices. The Assistant Director is responsible for managing all admissions processes, events, applications and recruitment activities, including implementing effective systems that increase enrollment and persistence of students enrolled in OCE supported programs, and facilitating a flow of information about current and future programs and courses among personnel whose responsibilities involve OCE supported programs and courses. Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight of the daily workload for Enrollment Specialists and Administrative Assistants.
- Manages online and onsite information sessions with the enrollment specialist team.
- Produces and distributes weekly funnel and registration reports for the OCE Team.
- Liaises with University Marketing managing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to communicate with prospects/inquiries, manage events, and report on marketing results.
- Produces and analyzes the data for OCE funnel, enrollment and registration reports as needed for the OCE leadership team, the Provost office, colleges, UMass Online and produces projections for enrollment in upcoming semesters.
- Assists with maintaining and implementing the information pertaining to the HEA Re-Authorization Act and SARA (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement), deciding actions with the Assistant Vice Chancellor and Director that affect UMass Dartmouth and communicating with State organizations as needed for compliance with this regulation.
- Plans and implements effective recruiting objectives with the OCE leadership team and assists with the organization of information sessions and other recruiting events as needed.
- Manages relationship as the point of contact for governmental education assistance programs (e.g. TOP, TRADE, etc.)
- Partners with the OCE Leadership Team to initiate, design and develop student surveys to measure OCE student services and implement improvements.
- Manages and evaluates the OCE web site to ensure academic information is accurate and presented in a user-friendly manner, acting as needed to make updates.
- Reviews and approves content to be uploaded and maintained on OCE social media sites and participates in the University’s social media committee.
- Assist the Director with Common and Slate application maintenance, upgrades, and functionality.
- Represents OCE in the absence of the director when necessary.
- Liaises with the UMass system recruiting and admissions teams and other relevant groups.
- Coordinates the department recruiting materials with OCE staff ensuring they are accurate and updated in a timely manner by consulting with program directors, Department Chairs and online program coordinators.
- Manages and processes requests for media for online courses in a collaborative partnership with the library.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated (over three years) of managerial experience in an institution of higher education in enrollment management initiatives.
OTHER: Must be able to work morning, evening and/or weekend hours as needed; travel to off-campus sites and between the main and satellite campuses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of best practices in customer-service oriented communication with students, faculty and professional staff in various University offices.
- Knowledgeable and committed to non-traditional education and online learning programs.
- An advanced skill level in the use of Microsoft Office and University systems such as PeopleSoft, SLATE, and Summit to produce reports which analyze enrollment and registration data as well as a customer relations management (CRM) tool.
- Ability to multi-task, communicate with diverse populations, be highly detail oriented and prioritize tasks to achieve results as well as work as a member of the OCE Leadership Team.
- Ability to interact professionally and knowledgeably with University offices such as an Enrollment Center, Financial Aid, Registrar’s and Bursar’s Offices, administrators, academic departments, faculty, and program directors.
- A working knowledge of academic policies and procedures as well as eligibility requirements in higher education,
- Five to seven years of experience working in higher education supporting online and adult learners.
- Experience working with Continuing Education academic programs.
- Advanced abilities in Microsoft Office and proficiency with higher education technology.
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits such as:
75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Long Term Disability
State Pension Retirement Plan
Optional Retirement Savings Plans
Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
Twelve (12) paid holidays
Paid personal, vacation, and sick time
Benefits for ESU: Benefits for ESU
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
UMass Dartmouth requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all faculty, staff, and students who wish to work, live, learn or physically come to campus. Read More.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for internal applicants is October 7, 2022.
The review of applications will begin October 11, and will be ongoing.