If you are looking for an exciting career and great benefits, look no further!
UMass Dartmouth is the place for you!
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Digital Advancement Communications Specialist
DIVISION: University Advancement
DEPARTMENT: Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU Cat. 12
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EEO STATUS: 33
JOB CODE: 2840
REPORTS TO: Advancement Communications Director
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: ESU Salary Ranges
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits* such as:
- 75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- State Pension Retirement Plan
- Optional Retirement Savings Plans
- Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Paid personal, vacation, and sick time
- And More
Benefits: Benefits at UMass Dartmouth
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Digital Advancement Communications Specialist supports the digital communication and engagement activities of University Advancement with the goal to leverage the digital tools to drive and improve engagement and giving. Work daily using the Anthology Encompass and Salesforce Marketing Cloud platforms to create and distribute email communications, event registrations, and giving forms in support of the strategic goals of the Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving department, ensuring that all communications are best-in-class in content, delivery and targeting and executed with precision and accuracy. Manage the updates and functionality of the alumni and giving websites. The position is a combination of strategy and hands-on tactics, technical aptitude, and an understanding of the written word, with a primary focus on managing the systems that Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving relies on to achieve its strategic goals. Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, edit and distribute email communications using the Salesforce/Marketing Cloud platform to specific, targeted audiences, ensuring that the communications contain compelling, grammatically correct messages, strong and relevant images, and appropriate working links.
- Monitor and report email campaign performance, perform A/B tests and develop strategies in consultation with the Advancement Communications Director and Advancement Communications Specialist.
- Design and build monthly e-newsletters to alumni using content compiled and written by the Advancement Communications Specialist. Prepare and optimize images.
- Manage the registration process for all alumni events, including the creation of online registration forms, tracking alumni responses, and overseeing registration management. Conduct necessary registrant outreach, maintain RSVP lists, and send post- event surveys. Collaborate with the Advancement Communications team on developing strategies for promoting events.
- Edit photos and create graphics to accompany email and web communications.
- Create online giving forms in Anthology Encompass to support fundraising initiatives.
- Work with external vendors to build and manage crowdfunding platforms for special fundraising events, including the Corsair Challenge giving day and Giving Tuesday.
- Manage web updates, working with the web team on website updates and web-related projects. Monitor and analyze website traffic and produce reports.
- Create digital forms and surveys.
- Analyze data across web, email, and social media to understand user habits and optimize content creation and dissemination.
- Conduct data extraction and segmentation in collaboration with Advancement Services using the constituent database and other end-user tools for solicitations, email and social media appeals.
- Support stewardship communications through the use of the video marketing platform, ThankView.
- Troubleshoot and provide support for Anthology Encompass and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Regularly research best practices in web content, email, and social media marketing, and take initiative to recommend new strategies.
- Identify processes to improve department efficiency.
- Attend off-campus media events and presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated (three or more years) of communications experience required, which may include web content management, writing, editing, digital marketing/analysis, email marketing, and/or graphic design.
OTHER: Evening and weekend hours as required. Occasional local and regional travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience using Anthology Encompass (formerly known as iModules), Salesforce Marketing Cloud, email marketing services, web content management systems to develop strategic communications.
- Experience building and managing email campaigns, and collecting and analyzing web email metrics.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to write significant web and digital communications.
- Knowledge of photography, video production, digital publishing, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience using social media platforms and content management systems.
- Understanding of email communication best practices, web standards, user experience, and use of social media to meet organizational goals.
- Understanding of integrated marketing communication and how to effectively translate brand messages across various mediums. Knowledge of when and how to use various channels of communication.
- Understanding of branding and positioning strategies for the institution and for specific projects.
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate work with a wide range of individuals and groups across campus.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Highly organized and able to work efficiently and accurately under deadline pressure while managing multiple projects independently.
- Strong initiative to develop creative approaches and solutions to problems.
- Professional level skills in web communications and email systems in a non-profit organization.
- Prior digital communication experience in the field of education or at a non-profit organization.
- Experience writing for the web and digital communication.
- Understanding of basic HTML design.
- Experience with video editing and production.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Additionally, all members of the campus community must obtain a Covid-19 booster shot and provide proof when requested. Individuals who are not yet eligible to receive a booster shot must obtain one within 30 days from the date they become eligible.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants is September 12, 2022.
The review of applications will begin September 13, 2022.