OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Special Projects Manager
DIVISION: Administration & Finance
DEPARTMENT: Administration & Finance
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU Cat. 14
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EEO STATUS: 38
JOB CODE: 0430
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice Chancellor for Capital Planning & Operations Management
SUPERVISES: No supervision
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: ESU Salary Ranges
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits* such as:
- 75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- State Pension Retirement Plan
- Optional Retirement Savings Plans
- Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Paid personal, vacation, and sick time
- And More
Benefits: Benefits at UMass Dartmouth
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor of Finance & Budget serving the Division of Administration and Finance. The Special Projects Manager provides logistical, analytical, and tactical support to formalize and operationalize capital projects, budgeting and accounting to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness. This position will prepare financial analyses and preliminary project cost estimates for capital projects on campus. This position will work in various capacities throughout the departments within the Division Administration & Finance.
Follow the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide logistical, analytical, and tactical support to formalize and operationalize capital project, budgeting and accounting and to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Enable strategic resources to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Participate in capital project planning and execution by assisting in the oversight of budget estimating for proposed construction, renovation and maintenance projects with input into budgets, capital plans and University operating budgets.
- Provide oversight and support for major campus projects being managed by Facilities
- Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external constituents.
- Prepare appropriate documents for requests to the Division of Capital and Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) to fund capital and deferred maintenance projects.
- Prepare financial analyses and preliminary project cost estimates for capital projects on campus. Establish, track and manage budget during the course of the project.
- Prepare written project updates, status reports and graphic presentations; maintain financial reports, planning documents and other files.
- Prepare campus-wide, sensitive communications regarding capital projects, their progress and completion.
- Participate in developing recommendations and implements strategies that improve master planning, financing and capital budgeting.
- Contributes to the planning and improvement of practices, processes and systems. Collaborates with all levels of internal and external contacts to carry out department goals. Provides a high level of service that cultivates and maintains strong working relationships and communicates effectively; takes ownership and accountability for timeliness, accuracy and relationship management.
- Financial analysis with a focus on strategic planning and performance measurement.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
EXPERIENCE: Significant (over five years) of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER: Occasional Travel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated application of financial and accounting concepts
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to function independently, under stress and in a highly proactive fashion
- Demonstrates willingness to work as a member of a team by absorbing incidental responsibilities and contributing to special projects to ensure the smooth functioning of the office
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Demonstrates high personal integrity
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial and/or Commonwealth of Massachusetts capital project system
- Previous Capital Project management/oversight
- Experience in a public institution of higher education
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Additionally, all members of the campus community must obtain a Covid-19 booster shot and provide proof when requested. Individuals who are not yet eligible to receive a booster shot must obtain one within 30 days from the date they become eligible.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants is August 30, 2022.
The review of applications will begin August 31, 2022.