If you are looking for an exciting career and great benefits, look no further!
UMass Dartmouth is the place for you!
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
DIVISION: University Advancement
DEPARTMENT: Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU Cat. 13
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EEO STATUS: 33
JOB CODE: 0060
REPORTS TO: Director of Alumni Relations
SUPERVISES: Student employees as assigned.
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: ESU Salary Ranges
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits* such as:
- 75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- State Pension Retirement Plan
- Optional Retirement Savings Plans
- Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Paid personal, vacation, and sick time
- And More
Benefits: Benefits at UMass Dartmouth
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for participating in the planning, implementation, and execution of alumni programming designed to address the needs of alumni, students, and the University. This position will oversee the planning, coordination, and organization of engagement strategies and events directly related to young alumni. This position will oversee the Corsair Network, an exclusive online platform for UMass Dartmouth alumni.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary lead and platform administrator of the Corsair Network. Online UMD community platform.
- Guides strategy for integration of new Corsair Network tools into existing network and informs timeline for rollout and adoption.
- Provides guidance on platform brand and ensures that graphics and use of network tools stay consistent, relevant, and vibrant.
- Manages day to day Corsair Network responsibilities including but not limited to – responding to comments/questions, approving users, and answer alumni emails.
- Cultivates relationships with, and create opportunities for alumni, with an emphasis on young alumni and recent graduates.
- Assists the Director of Alumni Relations with planning and execution of all alumni events and programs, with a leadership role in the expansion of the Corsair Network Ambassador Program, Young Alumni Council, Athletic Alumni Affinity Groups, and the Women’s Alumni Network.
- Serves as direct advisor to the Young Alumni Council.
- Attends Alumni Association board and committee meetings.
- Directs special programs and events including affinity-based programming and collaborates with committee members to develop, plan, and provide operational support.
- Collaborate with the Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving team on strategic initiatives and communications.
- Develops and promotes new digital groups on the Corsair Network designed to increase alumni engagement.
- Partners with cross campus departments to coordinate alumni engagement strategies and align it with department goals and alumni strategic plan.
- Creates event briefings for Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, and College Deans.
- Oversees post-event tasks, including surveys and event participant thank you notes or thank you videos through Thankview.
- Utilizes online platform and event participation data to present performance outcomes and drive strategic decision making. Work with Advancement Services to track data in database.
- Serves as the primary liaison between athletic department and assigned colleges.
- Represents the University at alumni functions.
- Occasional travel is required to attend off-campus events and presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated (over three) experience in alumni relations, volunteer management, relationship management, retail or similar field.
- Demonstrated experience fostering productive relationships with external constituents from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences
OTHER: Evening and weekend hours as required. Occasional local and regional travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to take initiative and create/manage projects.
- Strong technical acumen including proficiency in MS Office, LinkedIn, and various event registration platforms.
- Excellent judgement, communication, customer service, and public relations skills required.
- Must be highly organized and able to work under deadline pressure while managing multiple projects independently and efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate work with a wide range of individuals and groups across campus.
- Ability to travel and work weekends and evenings.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Must be an energetic, positive, articulate speaker.
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Experience managing special events
- Experience with Graduway based platform
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Additionally, all members of the campus community must obtain a Covid-19 booster shot and provide proof when requested. Individuals who are not yet eligible to receive a booster shot must obtain one within 30 days from the date they become eligible.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants is September 7, 2022.
The review of applications will begin September 8, 2022.