OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Facility Manager (Law School)
DIVISION: Administration & Finance
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU Cat. 14
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EEO STATUS: 3.7
JOB CODE: 04
REPORTS TO: Reports to Assistant Director of Facilities (Grounds)
SUPERVISES: Supervision of facilities maintenance staff. Functional supervision and monitoring of outside contractors and facilities trades staff.
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $ ESU SALARY RANGES
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits* such as:
- 75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- State Pension Retirement Plan
- Optional Retirement Savings Plans
- Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Paid personal, vacation, and sick time
- And More
Benefits: Benefits at UMass Dartmouth
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Oversee the day-to-day maintenance and security operations of Law School campus and serve as a liaison between Law School, the University and contractors on construction projects. The facility manager will coordinate the repair, general maintenance and preventive maintenance of the Law School campus including the project oversight of facilities maintenance staff and trades workers.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a preventive maintenance program for Law School buildings - addressing and including overseeing seasonal maintenance change overs and issues such as water line drains, overhead door lubrication, gate lubrication, filter replacement, inspection of pumps, motors and fans for operation, lighting, and ordering stock for maintenance components
- Responsible for managing and scheduling monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual building system testing, inspections and certifications
- Initiate corrective maintenance at Law School including submitting work orders through the main campus and ensuring follow through
- Maintain building documentation including documentation of construction modifications and creating simplified schematics of systems for future troubleshooting
- Manage on-site contractor work in conjunction with Construction Projects Manager to ensure adherence to specifications, high quality workmanship, on-time performance and coordination of contractor work within relevant laws and codes and University policies (i.e. HVAC, Johnson controls, roof repairs, compressor, etc.)
- Communicate with stakeholders of work schedules. Coordinate work projects between shops and with outside vendors.
- Represent Law School on all Law School construction projects; represent and participate in UMD facilities meetings
- Ensure maintenance of grounds including managing snow removal contractors
- Act as point of contact for all phone and network installation, maintenance, and changes
- Assist the Assistant Dean with Law School building operations including assisting with moves and furniture needs
Business Continuity Planning and Safety
- Assist, prepare, implement, and perform emergency procedures included in the Law School business continuity plan (e.g. hurricane preparedness plan) within University guidelines in conjunction with facilities management
- Manage access to restricted chemicals, if needed
- Serve as a member on the Law School safety and business continuity committees
- Develop and implement Law School physical facility security plan in conjunction with university public safety
- Act as Law School Lenel Access Custodian, which includes authorizing specific levels of access to individuals for specific locations and establishing and monitoring the schedule for standard operation; responsible for managing and maintaining the building keys, gate remotes, access cards, outdoor lighting systems and associated systems
- Secure building each night by locking the building and gate which may include nights, weekends and holidays
- Act as first responder for building alarms
- Assist with managing offsite storage including moving equipment and supplies
- Coordinate and oversee the UMD Property control inventory process at Law School
- Schedule, communicate, coordinate, and prepare Law School facilities for conferences, programs and events
- Schedule and coordinate the maintenance of the Law School pickup truck
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree
EXPERIENCE: Significant (over 5 years) experience managing maintenance and construction projects in an institutional setting. Demonstrated experience supervising skilled and semi-skilled employees
OTHER: The incumbent must be available to respond to situations that arise during holidays, weekends or evenings, including being "on call" after normal business hours. May work under adverse conditions and extremes of heat, cold, dampness, and humidity. May be exposed to the harmful effects of noxious gases, mold, mildew, and may work in confined spaces and at various heights such as manholes, ladders, and staging. Must possess a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Electrical and mechanical skills.
- Good communication skills and excellent organizational ability.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to perform basic computer functions such as emailing, entering online work orders, and using word processors and basic spreadsheets.
- License in at least one of the following trades: Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Carpentry or Construction
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Additionally, all members of the campus community must obtain a Covid-19 booster shot and provide proof when requested. Individuals who are not yet eligible to receive a booster shot must obtain one within 30 days from the date they become eligible.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants is July 19, 2022.
The review of applications will begin July 20, 2022.