Research Associate -GRANT FUNDED
Job no: 511457
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS DARTMOUTH
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Research Associate-GRANT FUNDED DIVISION: Academic Affairs
WORKING TITLE: N/A DEPARTMENT: TBD
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: Faculty Federation EEO STATUS: 35 JOB CODE: 1965
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: TBD
SUPERVISES: Post-Doctoral associates, technical associates, and student research assistants.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Develop a semi-independent research program under the supervision of a member of the UMass Dartmouth faculty. Provide leadership and supervision for a research group and its related facilities. The successful candidate will be expected to manage all aspects of the research group including the preparation and submission of grant proposals, report writing, publishing research results, supervising students and research staff, and interacting with industry, funding agencies and collaborators.
Follow the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct laboratory, theoretical or computational research
- Prepare and publish manuscripts
- Write and submit proposals for external funding
- Administer grant funded research including budgeting, hiring, purchasing and reporting
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate research assistants and post-doctoral and technical associates
- Provide training on research techniques, methods and equipment
- Interact with industry, government laboratories or agencies
- Present work at conferences and program reviews
- Develop, manage and maintain laboratory or computational facilities and web based communications
EDUCATION: Ph.D. or equivalent in a relevant field
EXPERIENCE: Research experience
OTHER: Record of peer-reviewed publications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good oral communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to supervise and manage a complex research program
- Ability to establish an independent research program
- Ability to generate new ideas for research exploration
- Ability to effectively manage a laboratory or computational facility
- Specific research skills and experience determined by the supervising faculty member
Post-Doctoral research experience in a field closely related to the work of the supervising faculty member.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
The review of applications is ongoing.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend