Postdoctoral Fellow - GRANT-FUNDED
Job no: 511454
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS DARTMOUTH
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Postdoctoral Fellow
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
WORKING TITLE: Post-Doctoral Fellow
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: Non Unit
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EEO STATUS: 35
JOB CODE: 1965
REPORTS TO: TBD
SUPERVISES: Graduate and undergraduate research assistants.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: To conduct research under the supervision of a member of the UMass Dartmouth faculty; and potentially provide leadership and supervision for a group of more junior researchers. The successful candidate will be a member of a research group and will be expected to support research by means of original research activities, collaboration with team members, supervision and mentoring of junior members of the research team and management of research facilities.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct laboratory, theoretical or computational research
- Prepare and publish manuscripts
- Assist with grant administration
- Assist with grant proposal preparation
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate research assistants and technical associates
- Provide clear and regular communication to the supervisor on research progress, technique and findings
- Provide training on research techniques, methods and equipment
- Interact with industry, government laboratories or agencies
- Present work at conferences and program reviews
- Manage and maintain laboratory or computational facilities
- Promote and ensure safe and secure laboratory and research practice
- Develop, implement and maintain web based research communications
EDUCATION: Ph.D. or equivalent in a relevant field.
EXPERIENCE: Research Experience
OTHER: Record of peer-reviewed publications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good oral communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively supervise a research group
- Ability to originate ideas for new areas of research
- Ability to design, operate, calibrate and maintain complex experimental or computational facilities
- Ability to quickly understand new ideas, techniques and procedures
- Significant knowledge of the research area under study
- Ability to support the supervisor in all aspects of research
- Ability to write publishable manuscripts
- Ability to write research reports for submission to outside agencies
- Ability to write grant proposals
- Ability to prepare and deliver high quality research presentations
- Specific research skills determined by the supervising faculty member
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Previous work related to an area of research identified by the supervising faculty member.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
The review of applications is ongoing and will continue until the positions are filled.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend