Business Services Coordinator
Job no: 511333
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Business Service Coordinator
DIVISION: Administration & Finance
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU
EEO STATUS: 32
JOB CODE: 0230
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Bursar
SUPERVISES: Administrative Assistant Iand student workers
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: ESU Salary Ranges
BENEFITS: ESU Benefits
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The primary responsibility is to oversee the operational and financial functions of the Bursar’s Office and manage the day-to-today operational functions between the Bursar’s Office and the University Enrollment Center (UEC). This role will ensure consistent and effective development of services within the Bursar’s Office and the UEC. The position will have operational supervision over the Administrative Assistant I position and student staff, and will manage and support all business and service functions within the operation. Responsible for payment financial processes as well as research of cash, check and credit card transactions. Provide customer service/information to students and parents in person at the window, by phone, and via mail and email. The position maintains responsibility for providing training, coaching and professional development opportunities on a regular basis to the Bursar and UEC office staff
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of all relevant job functions in order to provide hands-on support and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage all incoming Bursar’s Office email and voicemail.
- Monitors outgoing responses to ensure responses are accurate and complete, and to aid in identifying areas for training opportunities.
- Develop and maintain standard e-mail responses to ensure consistent delivery of information and quality customer service.
- Develop, track, and maintain training programs for staff, as needed to ensure quality customer service in addressing e-mail and taking in bound customer service telephone calls.
- Responsible for maintaining standard operating procedures and office policies for all Bursar’s/UEC office functions.
- Responsible for determining training needed to ensure staff is performing job specific duties timely and work is accurate.
- Coordinate supplemental training to provide staff with options for continuous and ongoing professional development.
- Develop and maintain training and orientation programs that allow student workers to assist with responding to email and taking in-bound customer service telephone calls in both the Bursar’s Office and the UEC.
- Manage the hiring of annual student work study workforce, through Corsair Job portal.
- Manage and schedule the weekly meeting/training sessions for the offices and ensures calendars are up to date, prepares agendas, and follows up with written meeting minutes.
- Acts as a contributor in partnership with office/Marketing team to update Bursar and UEC websites and assist in writing/editing communications for students and families.
- Responsible for office equipment/supply acquisition/invoicing in concert with UPST.
- Manage special projects for the department.
- Attend professional staff meetings, conferences, and other meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: Significant (7+) years of experience in customer service management, human resources, training or other related fields.
OTHER: Some travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Supervisory experience required including supervision of professional staff.
- Comprehensive Excel skills.
- Knowledge of the standard procedures and methods followed in handling and recording cash.
- Experience in accounting or auditing is required.
- Ability to provide exceptional level of customer service and maintain a high profile in the day to day front office operations, act as the decision-maker as it pertains to areas of operation and solve complex issues.
- Ability to effectively train and supervise professional staff.
- Ability to take initiative and work without regular supervision.
- Must exercise confidentiality in following University standards.
- Ability to supervise employees and student workers.
- Ability keep to organized and accurate financial and personnel records.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent discretion.
- Requires intermediate MS Office Suite skills.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting including terminology.
- Knowledge of business practices within an institution of higher education.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Student Administration or another student relational database system.
NOTE: Other job-related duties and responsibilities may be assigned and/or the job description changed periodically to reflect changing organization needs.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for Internals to apply is December 28, 2021.
The review of applications will begin December 29, 2021.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend