OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Network Technician
DIVISION: Administration & Finance
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 13
DEPARTMENT: CITS – IT Infrastructure
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EEO STATUS: 3.7
JOB CODE: 100
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Network Services
SUPERVISES: Supervises student assistants as work requires
SALARY$ ESU SALARY RANGE.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Works as a member of the UMass Dartmouth Network & Telecommunications Team and is responsible for the deployment, management and maintenance of the network infrastructure as it relates to data (wired and wireless), telephony and security. Assists with the design, integration and management of these system ranging from hardware installation and cabling, and repairs, to configuration of infrastructure equipment. Oversees vendors performing wiring and hardware installations. Works closely with other CITS teams as well as other departments to promote the efficient use of the University network and resources. Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, manage and maintain routing and switching technologies.
- Install, manage and maintain wireless technologies.
- Evaluate and maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with WAN architects on network optimization.
- Assist in maintaining PCI compliance.
- Install, test and troubleshoot copper and fiber optic cable plant.
- Physical installation of network equipment (rack, stack and patch).
- Assist in designing networks for new sites, new buildings as well as renovated spaces.
- Plan and manage hands-on IT Infrastructure deployments from start to finish.
- Support IT infrastructure installations, maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting and moves/adds/changes.
- Manage IDS/IPS, firewalls and bandwidth optimization technologies.
- Manage Network Access Control (NAC) technologies.
- Research and evaluate new technologies for purchase recommendations, including hardware, software and peripherals.
- Work with constituents and peers in the UMass system to develop and implement Wide Area Network strategies.
- Provide technical support for the main campus, satellite campuses and residence halls to include data networking, telephony, and related security technology.
- Work proactively and cooperatively with team members, CITS teams, and other University departments to provide excellent customer service.
- Log inquiries in the IT case management system and ensures resolution in cooperation with the CITS Service Center team.
- Work effectively with vendors to keep current in technology for enhancements and capacity planning.
- Work with customers to understand their technology needs and priorities.
- Attend user group meetings, seminars and conferences as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree or more than 5 years of working experience supported by professional certifications in IT infrastructure administration such as network, telecommunications, or security technologies.
- Experience more than 1 year in managing and supporting large scale data networking, and security technologies.
- Experience configuring and installing switching technologies.
- Experience with configuring and installing wireless technologies.
- Experience with copper and/or fiber cable plant.
- Experience with configuring, managing and troubleshooting network technologies & protocols such as VLANs, SNMP, NTP, SSH, VPN.
- Experience with network monitoring and analysis tools.
- Experience with various versions of Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating Systems as it pertains to network interoperability.
- Experience CLI configuration of network equipment.
OTHER:Will need to be available for off-hours, evening and/or weekends as projects dictate. Will need to lift and move technology equipment. Will participate in an on-call schedule during peak times that are of critical importance to the university. Some travel will be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with administrators, faculty, staff, students, vendors/contractors and members of the community.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills.
- Ability to make written and oral presentations clearly and effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work successfully in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation.
- Strong customer service orientation with attention to detail.
- Ability to create and maintain network documentation (i.e. network diagrams, implementation instructions, etc.)
- Experience with RADIUS, NAC, IDS/IPS technologies.
- Experience configuring WAN/Routing protocols and technologies.
- Experience installing and managing Firewall technologies.
- Experience implementing 802.1x authentication systems.
- Experience with connecting networks to cloud services such as Azure and AWS.
- Experience with VoIP Telephony such as Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with Enterasys, Extreme, Juniper and Checkpoint products.
- Experience configuring site-to-site VPN/Tunneling protocols.
- Experience working in higher education.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNALS to apply is November 30, 2021.
The review of applications will begin December 1, 2021.