Instructional Technology Coordinator
Job no: 511003
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Instructional Technology Coordinator provides leadership, coordination and support for CITS / Instructional Development and UMass Dartmouth's educational technology integrations. In close coordination with CITS Instructional Development and CITS Service Center staff, s/he plans the seamless academic integration of classroom and online technology teaching and learning solutions. S/he provides technology guidance, training, and support in pedagogical and curricular needs of faculty; Researches, coordinates, and supports the innovative use of instructional media and emerging technologies to enhance teaching, learning, and research; Oversees and coordinates instructional technology resources such as, blogs, desktop capture software and the classroom-based lecture capture system; Coordinates and directs the expansion of the lecture capture system and the adoption of mobile technologies for teaching and learning. Proactively participates in the selection and configuration of learning space technologies in classrooms and other learning spaces.
Follow the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer and provide direct day-to-day technical support for platform; examples of platforms currently in use: Echo360, ExamSoft, iClicker, Kaltura, WordPress, and Zoom.
- Provide direct support and assist in administering the University supported learning management system, Blackboard Learn.
- Collaborate with the IT Lab & Classroom Technical Manager in the support, administration, and enhancement of classroom-based instructional technology.
- Assist in the deployment, and installation of classroom-based instructional technology.
- Provide instructional technology and multimedia development support to faculty, staff and students that is suitable for an academic learning environment.
- Assist and advise faculty on new, creative and effective instructional technologies and best practices.
- Assess the applicability of new technologies, services, relationships, and emerging trends in higher education and teaching and learning technology.
- Provide expertise and leadership in exploring alternative curricular models that utilize technology.
- Manage instructional technology pilot programs.
- Document the use of technologies as it pertains to curriculum integration.
- Assist with promotion and education of copyright guidelines as related to online educational materials;
- Assist with promoting and ensuring campus accessibility standards as related to instructional content and media.
- Assist with planning IT-related campus events, seminars, and conferences.
- Provide both hands-on and online training to faculty and staff using a variety of technological software and hardware.
- Collaborates, communicates, and works with other CITS departments to support campus wide instructional technology implementations.
- Work with the Director to assess the impact of instructional technologies and blended formats on improvement of student learning.
- Log inquiries in the IT case management system and ensure resolution in cooperation with the CITS Service Center team.
- Work with customers to understand their technology needs and priorities.
- Participate in University system wide and campus committees related to learning management systems, instructional technology, and online learning initiatives.
- Attend user’s group meetings, seminars, and conferences to maintain state of the art knowledge of emerging technologies, learning management systems, and online instructional design practices and strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Significant experience more than 5 years working with instructional technologies in higher education.
- Previous knowledge, experience working with, supporting, and administering academic learning management systems; academic instructional-based technology; and classroom-based audio/visual technology.
- Demonstrated experience more than 3 years supporting streaming audio and video, and media hosting platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in web development using HTML and CSS.
- Must be available to respond to situations that arise during the evenings and weekends. May need to participate in an on-call schedule during peak times that are of critical importance to the university. Position requires travel to off campus meetings and conferences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural and geographic backgrounds.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with an academic community.
- Understanding of audio/visual equipment connectivity standards.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, and NTP networking protocols.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux server platforms.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong customer service orientation with attention to detail.
- Applied knowledge of ADA regulations.
- Applied knowledge of fair use and TEACH Act copyright guidelines.
- Significant experience more than 5 years administering cloud-based or on-premise instructional technology platforms.
- Significant experience supporting classroom-based instructional technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems technology or related area.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants to apply is December 1, 2021.
The review of applications will begin December 2, 2021.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend