If you are looking for an exciting career and great benefits, look no further!
UMass Dartmouth is the place for you!
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Director of Financial Aid
DIVISION: Enrollment Management
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU Cat. 19
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EEO STATUS: 31
JOB CODE: 0220
REPORTS TO: Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management
SUPERVISES: Directly supervises the Senior Associate Director and Associate Directors and indirectly all administrative and clerical personnel assigned to the Office of Financial Aid.
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: ESU Salary Ranges
UMass Dartmouth offers exciting benefits* such as:
- 75% Employer-Paid Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- State Pension Retirement Plan
- Optional Retirement Savings Plans
- Tuition Credit (Employee, Spouse, & Dependents)
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Paid personal, vacation, and sick time
- And More
Benefits: Benefits at UMass Dartmouth
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Directs a comprehensive financial aid service which includes administration of Federal, State and institutional aid programs. Assures compliance with Title IV funds, provides leadership in planning, implementation and communication of financial aid awards, and policies and procedures consistent with the university's enrollment and recruitment goals.
Follow the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages University, State, Federal, and private financial aid and scholarship funds, ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures, and audit requirements. Ensures fund expenditures remain within budget.
- Develops, in collaboration with the Enrollment Management team and office staff, the policies and procedures for the efficient, strategic, and effective administration and awarding of all aid programs including scholarships.
- Responsible for awarding financial aid packages in a timely and efficient manner in concert with strategic initiatives related to achieving university enrollment objectives.
- Develop an institutional aid budget that is consistent with the University’s enrollment goals and is competitive with similar institutions.
- Produces internal and external reports as needed to ensure compliance with title IV administration, the State of Massachusetts and institutional compliance.
- Supervises the management of the student information system to produce timely and efficient decisions as well as personalized communications with students and parents.
- Manages the budget for the office and establishes office procedures; administers a system for maintaining aid records and files according to audit guidelines.
- Creates and maintains a student centric culture of service and continuous improvement with other departments and divisions at the University, outside agencies, and the community.
- Educates various audiences about financial aid including prospective and current students and their families, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Responsible for staff hiring, training, and development.
- Participates as a University leader in key administrative committees and represents the University at professional meetings and organizations.
- Works with other university staff in matters related to student financial aid.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
EXPERIENCE: Significant (over seven years) experience and increasing responsibility in Financial Aid that includes supervision. Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of federal and state regulations about Financial Aid. Demonstrated technology skills and an understanding of the role played by technology in an effective aid program. Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
OTHER: Must be able to work evening and/or weekend hours as needed; local and regional travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and public speaking skills
- Ability to provide leadership and direction that creates an atmosphere of student-friendly service.
- Skill in interacting with and supporting the financial needs of a diverse student population.
- Ability to oversee a complex student aid system and to work effectively with other administrators.
- Experience as a Director of Financial Aid
- Experience with Student Employment
- Experience with PeopleSoft or Banner Financial Aid systems
- Master’s Degree
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Additionally, all members of the campus community must obtain a Covid-19 booster shot and provide proof when requested. Individuals who are not yet eligible to receive a booster shot must obtain one within 30 days from the date they become eligible.
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has partnered with Spelman & Johnson Search Firm to recruit for this position. All interested parties who wish to apply for this position or have specific questions, may navigate to their website below for more information.
Spelman and Johnson
The review of applications will be ongoing.