OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Enrollment Specialist
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Online and Continuing Education
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 12
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
EEO STATUS: 3.8
JOB CODE: 023
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions and Operations
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Enrollment Specialist is responsible for the initial and continued follow-up of potential students interested in UMass Dartmouth online and continuing education programs. The goal of the Enrollment Specialist is to build relationships with prospective and/or current students by representing the department through telephone, email and social media channels, as well as in person; explaining policies and requirements; and assisting students with the application, course registration, and matriculation process. Will monitor and track student’s success through the first year of attendance.
The Enrollment Specialist organizes and participates in recruiting events. Travels to recruit at community college events, education fairs and career days as well as organizes off-campus and on-campus, and virtual recruitment programs. Will assist the development, promotion, delivery, and management of programs established with corporate partners.
Follow the University's best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for recruiting new students into online and continuing education programs. Emphasis will be on responding to new leads and converting them into enrolled OCE students.
- Responsible for developing and implementing measurable strategies/tactics for student enrollment.
- Work within a team of Marketing, Admissions, and Student Support and Success to effectively build and execute a plan for achieving successful enrollment goals in OCE programs.
- Responsible for attaining budget related revenue goals for sales by growing/retaining existing corporate accounts and support developing new accounts.
- Reviews recruitment activities in pursuit of new students and utilize active listening skills to identify up-selling opportunities.
- Assist in developing written documents when necessary, including follow-up letters and internal communications.
- Utilizes social networking, technologically based recruitment techniques and other web-oriented modes of engaging prospective transfer, first-year undergraduate and graduate students in ongoing dialog about the UMass Dartmouth online and continuing education programs.
- Conducts group information sessions and interviews with students interested in online and continuing education programs.
- Assists in the implementation of virtual, and on- and off-campus programs designed for recruitment and yield enhancement.
- Counsels and corresponds with prospective transfer, first-year undergraduate and graduate students and their families using a range of traditional and contemporary communication tools.
- Represents the University at open houses, business expos, corporate fairs and other recruiting programs.
- Develops working relationships with representatives of community colleges, businesses, corporate partners, and other education institutions to facilitate enrollment at UMass Dartmouth.
- Reviews, performs relevant calculations and evaluates all elements of student admission application materials in order to make decisions on applicants for admission to the University; makes judgements on the admissibility of student applicants on the basis of institutional policy and independent analysis of applicant’s potential for success.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: Previous (over 1 year) experience working in sales, marketing, promotion or related field. In addition, (over 1 year) experience utilizing contemporary web-based and other technological marketing techniques.
- Able to keep a flexible schedule to include morning, evening and/or weekend hours
- Able to travel to off-campus sites
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong persuasive skills and presentation skills with the ability to positively influence and motivate others.
- A dynamic, outgoing personality.
- Strong customer service orientation, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Business development abilities.
- Excellent written, oral communication and listening skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, business and functional skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Microsoft Office products and computer skills. Ability to work evening hours and travel when required including possible overnights.
- Proficiency in the use of contemporary technological marketing applications and tools such as: Social networking media, Video technology (use of YouTube, etc.), Blogging.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to understand and communicate UMass Dartmouth policies and procedures.
- Previous college admissions experience.
- Previous experience working with online and continuing education students in an institution of higher education.
- Knowledge of student information systems (such as PeopleSoft/Banner/Slate).
- Experience in selling educational solutions and/or enrollment management.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM tool.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The internal deadline is October 22, 2021.
The review of applications will begin October 25, 2021.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination.