OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Assistant Director of Constituent Engagement
DIVISION: Institutional Advancement
DEPARTMENT: Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 13
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
EEO STATUS: 33
JOB CODE: 0725
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice Chancellor for Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $50,253-$62,817--Commensurate with experience
SUPERVISES: May provide functional supervision to student employees
Benefits at UMass Dartmouth
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Reporting to the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Constituent Engagement provides organizational and logistical support to the Donor and Alumni Relations teams, and plans, coordinates, and manages UMass Dartmouth's advancement events. This person will support the Associate Director of Donor Relations and the Director of Alumni Relations by assisting in the execution of the program strategy, leading to higher levels of engagement and giving. Working closely with the Advancement and Chancellor's Offices, the Assistant Director serves as the events logistics point of contact and works with UMassD partners to ensure successful constituent engagement events and programs. Acts as the coordinating contact for advancement events and serves as an information resource for those departments planning other events.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports and assists in developing and managing stewardship and donor and alumni engagement efforts.
- In collaboration with the entire Constituent Engagement and Annual Giving team, shapes overarching engagement and communications strategy.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to implement and uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting and inform departmental activities.
- Supports the writing and editing of content for written communications including, but not limited to, quarterly updates to acknowledgement/tax receipt letters, various communications to donors, endowment reports, philanthropy reports, general stewardship and impact reporting, proposals, collateral, and stewardship reports, student thank you correspondence to scholarship donors.
- Oversees the tracking and ensures the execution of donor stewardship plans.
- Manages parts of the Corsair Network including, but not limited to, providing technical support to users, update the Event Board with all campus events, clean-up data for new pre-populated lists and Advance uploads, approve new users, send welcome message to new users, etc.
- Provides additional line of support for alumni volunteers.
- Supports the Student Alumni Association with on-campus projects like events, pictures, website information updates.
- In collaboration with the Director of Advancement Communications, ensures the alumni and giving web pages are always up to date.
- Manages the Donor Relations, Alumni Relations, and Corsair Network email inboxes.
- Plans and executes the coordination and promotion of all Advancement events, including formal and informal social events, including but not limited to the Chancellor's cultivation and donor events, alumni events, donor engagement, and stewardship events, foundation board meetings, etc.
- Develops event plans, online registration, invitation lists, reports, budgets, event runs-of-show, and conducts post-event evaluations, data keeping and analysis, and participant surveys.
- Prepares, modifies, and oversees event contracts/agreements as requested. Maintain event financial records. Maintains communication with UMassD staff, speakers, vendors, and participant.
- Works with Advancement Officers to plan off-campus cultivation events involving major donors.
- Coordinates with the Communications Specialist on all printed marketing materials and publicity.
- Maintains and distributes listings of upcoming events within and outside UMass Dartmouth for distribution to trustees, administration, faculty, employees, staff, news media, local and state agencies, etc.
- Administers online communications for events, invitations, and event registration webpages.
- Monitors event timeline and budget compliance by providing weekly progress and projection reports to the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Constituent Engagement, and Annual Giving.
- Oversees the preparation and distribution of event briefs.
- Tracks and manages Advancement swag.
- Provides on-site supervision of all events and determines staffing needs for events, and makes appropriate arrangements.
- Follows the University's best practices to build and support student academic success and retention and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
- Assists the Director, Alumni Relations and the Associate Director, Donor Relations with other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated experience (three years or more) in higher education and event planning or coordination.
OTHER: Flexible schedule is required. Frequent weekend and evening hours as required. Local and regional travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent vendor management skills.
- Working knowledge of event execution and planning.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with administration, faculty, alumni, students, volunteers, regional organizations, donors.
- Ability to work productively and independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with multiple demands on time.
- Excellent typing, editing, proofreading skills, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of budget management and organization development.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is necessary.
- Demonstrated success working with volunteers.
- Must lift and carry light loads for short distances and stand for long periods without breaks during events.
- Knowledge of a fundraising CRM (Affinaquest, iModules/Anthology, Advance, Raisers Edge, etc.) database
- Advancement experience at a higher education institution
- Knowledge of web publishing software
Effective September 27, 2021, all members of the campus community must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption on medical or religious grounds. Individuals with approved exemptions must wear face coverings in public indoor settings on campus and submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test on a weekly basis.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants is September 22, 2021. The review of applications will begin September 23, 2021.