OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Director of International Admissions
DIVISION: Enrollment Management
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 15
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
EEO STATUS: 32
JOB CODE: 0740
REPORTS TO: Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Management
SUPERVISES: May supervise student workers.
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY $59,622
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Director of International Admissions performs a variety of functions designed to recruit and enroll qualified first year and transfer undergraduate international students to the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. The Director’s activities are consistent with the University’s Mission Statement and strategy of the Office of Enrollment Management. Oversees a network of agents in strategic enrollment markets to ensure performance related to goals and objectives of enrollment management. Counsels prospective international students and their families as well as relevant professionals and faculty in executing the responsibilities of the position. Performs a range of duties to gather, manage and evaluate data to make informed decisions pertaining to the admission of prospective first year and transfer international students, as well as to produce relevant reports on International Admissions activities. The Director, in conjunction with University Marketing and Undergraduate Admission is responsible for international marketing/recruiting of students, assists with completing
applications, making admission decisions and establishing collaborations with high schools, colleges, government agencies and private partnerships, as well as further developing existing relationships.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with Enrollment Management leadership, develop and implement strategic international student enrollment, recruitment plans, and initiatives.
- Responsible for undergraduate and international student recruitment including recruitment goals, research, identifying, selecting, and evaluating overseas recruitment markets.
- Develop and oversee relationship/contracts with agents working on behalf of UMass Dartmouth.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and improve recruitment techniques to enter newly identified markets.
- Collaborate with international associations, high schools, colleges, government agencies, and other venues to expand opportunities for the University.
- Counsels, corresponds, and serves as main contact for all international undergraduate prospective students.
- Develops travel in collaboration with the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment in the effort to meet the institution’s international recruitment goals:
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates yield enhancing events for international applicants.
- Assist with awarding academic merit aid to assist deserving international students.
- Participates in communication and engagement campaigns throughout the admissions cycle designed to encourage University enrollment among prospective international students.
- Maintains working contacts with personnel such as university approved international agents, international education service companies, administrators and teachers of secondary schools, community colleges, and other educational institutions, as well as other advocates for potential university international students.
- Oversees and serves as the primary authority related to relevant calculations and evaluations of international student admission application materials, and decisions on applicants for admission to the University .
- Assist with preparation of immigration documents, directing applicants to transcript translation services when necessary, and maintaining necessary records and databases.
- Seek articulation agreements with 2- and 4-year colleges for consideration with college Deans and Provost.
- Collaborate and serve as liaison with various University departments/colleges on international admission and registration issues.
- Collaborate with University Marketing and provide context and content recommendations for the development of promotional materials, web-based presentations, and other marketing strategies for international students.
- Utilize emerging and traditional technologies to engage students.
- Develop, gather and disseminate admissions reports, relevance information, and other statistical data; Utilize CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software program.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets for the Office of International Admissions.
- Assist with referring prospective international graduate students to the Graduate Admissions department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated (over 3 years) professional experience actively recruiting students in higher education with a focus in overseas international recruitment.
OTHER: International travel required with the ability to work extended periods outside the country, evening/weekends included. Must hold a valid passport.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to market a program, including utilizing social networks.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities for collaboration in the formation of internal and external partnerships.
- Ability to understand and communicate university policies and procedures.
- Ability to evaluate applications.
- Ability to serve as liaison with academic personnel on and off campus.
- Ability to take responsibility for developing and managing important aspects of the program.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, writing, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions.
- Ability to provide supervision and direction to administrative staff as well as student workers.
- Knowledge of and ability to work effectively within a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment with students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationship among administrative departments, Colleges and Divisions within higher education.
- Knowledge of use of traditional, emerging technologies, and social networks.
- Experience working with student groups
- Experience working with agents and other international enrollment organizations
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline to apply is September 15, 2021.
The review of applications will begin September 16, 2021.