Associate Director of IT Services
Job no: 508940
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Associate Director of IT Services
DIVISION: Administration & Finance
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 17
EEO STATUS: 3.1
JOB CODE: 043
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: Salary Range
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of IT Service Assurance
SUPERVISES: IT service center team consisting of full-time staff and students
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provides leadership in the direction and management of the CITS service centers for
UMass Dartmouth faculty, staff and students. Transforms the service center from a focus on employee IT equipment to holistic, unified tier-1 support services for individual IT equipment, computer learning spaces, and classroom technology. Oversees the daily operations of all CITS service centers including hours of operation, staffing plans, business processes for one-stop technology support services, and hardware repair. Develops, administers and manages technical support programs that ensure faculty, staff and student access to technologies. Leads and works with team on the daily operation of the IT case management system including online help desk tools, remote installations and compliance, self-service and customer knowledge base, and employee on-boarding and end-of-employment processes. Redevelops and manages the CITS service catalog and coordinates related processes using best practices such as ITIL. Leverages project and resource planning tools with the team. Coordinates with CITS teams to develop and implement campus-wide support services for IT initiatives. Coordinates hardware and software standards and licensing requirements with the IT Operations & Procurement Coordinator.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the Executive Director of IT Service Assurance to implement the vision and to transform operations for CITS service centers on the main campus and at the Law School, and, in the future, an IT help desk that is integrated with campus one-stop services.
- Oversees service delivery programs of IT services and represents CITS and IT services at campus wide initiatives such as open houses, move-in days, and orientations.
- Oversees all personnel actions for CITS service centers including hiring, managing and evaluating full time, part time professional staff, and student staff documenting personnel actions as appropriate. Develops professional development plans for the team.
- Oversees and administers University wide telecom communications such as emergency greetings and notifications via broadcast messaging, on call as necessary. Participates in the campus emergency communications meetings as needed.
- Staffs the telephone operator stations with students during business hours and special events.
- Develops and implements efficient IT asset deployment and update processes; works in close collaboration with the IT Operations & Procurement Coordinator on IT asset life-cycle management.
- Oversees the deployment of learning commons and computer classroom equipment.
- Coordinates the support for the campus print solution (multi-function devices and printers) with the vendor including delivery, setup, installation, training, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair services.
- Assists the CITS Leadership team in developing and maintaining Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Collaborates with CITS Teams to develop, administer and manage IT initiatives for faculty, staff and students. Coordinates the IT project transition from implementation to production support.
- Participates in on-campus and UMass system-wide information security initiatives to administer and manage computers & mobile devices, and other peripherals.
- Manages the use of help desk tools including IT case management, remote desktop management system, and knowledge base systems for effective technical support programs.
- Oversees and manages communication, documentation and training programs for campus IT initiatives including IT announcements, hardware and software installation procedures, and user guides. Works closely with CITS teams to deliver training and to regularly update the CITS web site.
- Represents Dartmouth campus at all UMass system wide and other help desk planning discussions and initiatives.
- Manages data for decision making; makes data-driven decisions.
- Plans and projects the CITS service center budget including purchase recommendations, tracking purchases, etc.
- Oversees billing chargebacks to campus departments for telephone and cellular services.
- Evaluates new software in coordination with other CITS teams and campus constituents.
- Attends user groups meetings, seminars and conferences as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in MIS or related field with significant (5 or more years) of leadership experience
- Significant experience in designing and managing service center support programs for faculty, staff and students.
- Significant experience managing help desk processes in case management tools.
- Significant supervisory experience.
- Significant experience supporting end-user technology.
- Demonstrated experience with automated deployment and software management tools such as JAMF and SCCM.
- May need to be available for evening and/or weekend hours.
- Will need to lift and move technology equipment.
- Some travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern help desk processes and protocols.
- Significant knowledge of information security tools and protocols for computers and mobile devices.
- Significant project management skills, detail-oriented, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment.
- Previous knowledge of ITIL.
- Previous knowledge in support of virtualized desktop environments such as Windows Virtual Desktop or VMWare VDI.
- Ability to work with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural and geographic backgrounds.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation.
- Commitment to excellent customer service and team-oriented leadership. Ability to work collaboratively with an academic community. Ability to interpret client needs and produce instructional materials.
- Knowledge of trends and future directions of technology in the IT service environment; ability to effectively advocate for new ideas.
- Ability to make written and oral presentations clearly and effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Current ITIL certification.
- Experience in higher education.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants is July 13, 2021. The review of applications will begin July 14, 2021.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend