TEMPORARY: Teaching Assistant
Job no: 508927
Work type: Staff Part Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
UMass Dartmouth Workers' Education Program
Teaching Assistants (Part-Time Daytime or Evening Positions, Non-Benefited, Grant Funded)
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Teaching Assistants assist with teaching and reinforcing learning concepts in the adult education classrooms. Teaching Assistants may work in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes and/or Adult Basic Education (ABE)/High School Equivalency Test preparation (HiSET) classes. Teaching Assistants will work part-time mornings and/or evenings.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the teacher in planning and preparation for daily activities; aids instructional efforts of the teacher.
- Presents subject matter to adult learners, under the guidance of a teacher, utilizing a variety of methods.
- Assists adult learners, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Serves as a substitute teacher for the classroom teacher when necessary.
- Establishes positive rapport with students served.
- Identifies problems, issues, and concerns related to students
- Communicates regularly with students, teachers, advisor, and director.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates participation in professional development and shares knowledge at staff meetings.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED or relevant experience.
OTHER: Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Computer literacy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross cultural, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work in person in the classroom and/or remotely.
- Ability to work daytime or evening hours.
For ESOL Teaching Assistants, the ability to speak Spanish.
For ABE Teaching Assistants, experience with high school equivalency tests and/or high school course content.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The review of applications will begin immediately.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend