Nursing Clinical Leader
Job no: 508819
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Nursing Clinical Leader
DIVISION: Academic and Student Affairs (43-week position)*
DEPARTMENT: Health Services
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 14
EEO Status: 36
JOB CODE: 3255
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Works under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Health Services
SUPERVISES: Registered Nurse, Medical Assistants, student employees
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $55,121* (will be prorated)
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provides administrative and professional nursing skills for general medical clinic and coordinates assigned nursing and medical assistant personnel. Responsible for managing, coordinating and supervising various activities necessary to maintain an efficient patient care program.
Follow the University's best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and directs daily patient care for the office by scheduling and assigning RN’s and Medical Assistants.
- Develops, communicates and enforces nursing policies and procedures.
- Assists in coordination of care by acting as a liaison between primary care providers, ancillary health services, UMD Student health Services, students and parents.
- Assists healthcare providers with follow-ups as directed.
- Routinely analyses RN, MA and student employee competencies and provides education and feedback as needed.
- Assists and supports healthcare providers by providing triage, direct nursing care, medications, treatments, laboratory tests, post-surgical care and booking of follow up appointments and referrals as needed.
- Administers immunizations, performs point of care CLIA waived laboratory tests, and draws blood.
- Provides first aid to university staff, visitors, students and employees injured on the job.
- Orients new medical assistant and Registered Nurse staff.
- Recruits, orients, schedules and evaluates student employees.
- Serves as contact person for troubleshooting issues with reference lab or delegates a staff person to deal with issues as they arise.
- Oversees inventory of vaccines and medical supplies. Orders medical supplies.
- Maintains and updates manuals for a variety of departmental needs such as maintaining equipment, proper lab techniques, MSDS log, etc.
- Maintains Risk Management book.
- Completes industrial accident reports for employees injured on the job.
- Charts in EHR (Electronic Health Record) and serves as EHR resource for RN’s and medical assistants.
- Administers tuberculin tests, documents and interprets results.
- Insure that OSHA standards are followed to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Maintains records necessary to comply with local, state and federal regulations, including staff immunization records.
- Maintains equipment used for assessment.
- Assists with quality assurance projects.
- Respects and supports patient rights.
- Practices and promotes positive customer and peer relations.
- Performs related duties as determined by Director of Health Services.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated (three or more years) experience in Community Health, Outpatient or ER Nursing Supervisor experience in an acute ambulatory care setting
OTHER: Massachusetts Registered Nurse License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical ability (problem solving) Excellent communication Skills
- Ability to provide nursing triage
- Ability to serve as a role model
- Ability to assess learning needs of nursing staff
- Ability to administer immunizations, draw blood, and provide direct patient care Ability to manage stressful situations
- Ability to function independently within licensed scope of practice
- Ability to give direction to nursing staff
Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field, or willing to pursue
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNALS to apply is July 21, 2021.
The review of applications will begin July 22, 2021.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend