OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Director, University Enrollment Center
DIVISION: Administration & Finance
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat 15
EEO STATUS: 3.1
JOB CODE: 043
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Bursar and works in direct and extensive collaboration with multiple offices including but not limited to the four core offices: Registrar’s, Bursar’s, Financial Aid and Professional Continuing Education
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $ https://www.umassd.edu/hr/policies-and-laws/union-contracts/
SUPERVISES: Provides direct supervision including training and evaluation clerical staff, temporary staff and work-study students assigned to the University Enrollment Center
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Directs the operations of the University Enrollment Center and works with departmental leaders to develop practices and policies to serve students in a “one-stop” service environment and, in cooperation with academic and student offices across campus, to help ensure student retention and success. Plans and advocates for and implements retention-related interventions in coordination with a campus leadership team. Develops and preserves a detailed account of documented knowledge (including standard operating procedures) for human, computer and processing systems for registration, financial aid, payments, advising and a range of other functions related to student success and retention. Serves as a campus resource for improving systems, processes and policies. Supervises operations for the University Enrollment Center in providing a broad range of integrated services in registration, student accounts, financial aid, continuing education and other additional functional areas which serve all UMass Dartmouth students. Acts as advocate for students with the core offices.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures consistent enrollment services for all students including but not limited to undergraduate and graduate students, matriculated and non-matriculated students, Online and Continuing Education students, participants in traditional, online, hybrid and professional courses and students.
- Manages staff of the University Enrollment; providing coaching and performance feedback, conducts annual performance evaluations along with Bursar; provides training regarding policies and procedures; provides leadership in enhancing student self-service.
- Recruit, mentor and develop the University Enrollment Center staff and foster an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Regularly reviews, stores, creates and updates departmental standard operating procedures.
- Plans, implements and supervises retention-related interventions such as communications, system improvements, staff training, monitoring protocols, and other aspects that contribute to the success and coordination of student-related services, processes, and systems.
- Develop, implement and continually improve UEC procedures, policies and standards to achieve “best-in-class” service and support.
- Advocates for effective retention- and success-related academic support and student services across campus.
- Facilitates seamless service for students’ interactions and addresses all escalated concerns presented to the University Enrollment Center working with departmental colleagues to resolve issue.
- Implements centralized enrollment services on behalf of the University community including services offered by the Offices of the Registrar, Bursar, Financial Aid and Online and Continuing Education. Oversees the processing of a number of administrative functions including, but not limited to, account “holds”; course adds and drops; cash and credit card payments; timely reports of UEC activities, etc.
- Identifies opportunities between multiple offices on campus: Financial Aid, Bursar, Admissions, Online and Continuing Education, International Student Office, Graduate Students Office, etc. for the most efficient and effective processes.
- Performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
EXPERIENCE: Significant (over 5 years) supervisory experience in an office providing a broad range of support services to students.
Significant administrative experience including planning, budgeting, service provision; significant experience working cooperatively with student service administrators across a spectrum of University functions.
OTHER: Flexible schedule to accommodate peak hours of service. Some travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the student administration system.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service with ability to exemplify judgment and tact in customer service personally, as supervisor, and as campus leader.
- Ability to explain rules, policies, and procedures.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced customer centric environment.
- Ability to resolve sensitive issues and manage account escalation issues in person, online, and by phone which includes taking personal ownership of customer issues when necessary, and following them through to resolution.
- Knowledge or current methodologies in student retention and support
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for internals to apply is February 23, 2021.
The review of applications will begin February 24, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.