SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: To aid and support the Residential Supervisor in the administration of residential operations. Provide tutoring and supervise residential staff and a suite of students.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist the Residential Supervisor in the administration of the residential component.
2. Assist in the coordination of cross-curricular and recreational programming.
3. Teach study skills that assist students in preparation for postsecondary education.
4. Proactively organize programming to meet student’s emotional, social, behavioral, and developmental needs.
5. Monitor student compliance with program rules related to residential life.
6. Monitor and participate in daily meals.
7. Maintain awareness of whereabouts of students while on campus and on field trips.
8. Develop and maintain procedures for students to receive messages in a timely manner.
9. Assist in administering discipline to students for infractions of residence rules.
10. Maintain inventory of keys to residence hall rooms.
11. Conduct daily inspection of premises to identify and report maintenance and custodial needs.
12. Assist in development of Upward Bound Production.
13. On call for students needs during residential stay.
14. Organize and facilitate the storage, distribution and security of student medications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred or College student, Junior or higher currently enrolled with a GPA of 2.7 or above.
OTHER: Ability to relate sensitively to the needs of an ethnically diverse body of students. This is a live-in position starting on June 10, 2020 – July 31, 2020
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Experience with campus residence as a student or staff of residence hail.
2. Experience working with high school student populations.
3. Ability to motivate students in recreational exercises.
4. Ability to organize and carry out administrative tasks in a dormitory setting.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
6. Ability to represent a positive role model for students.
1. Experience managing staff, and building a positive team-oriented environment.
2. Knowledge of and experience in using positive approaches to behavioral management with high school aged students preferred.
3. Experience and knowledge of best practices for mentoring and tutoring preferred.
4. Experience engaging with urban high school aged youth preferred.
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Assistant Residential Supervisor (Grant-Funded)
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Upward Bound
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: Temporary, Non-benefited
SALARY: $474.67 per week plus free room and board
GRANT FUNDED: X
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Program Coordinator and Residential Supervisor
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit online a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for professional references.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.