Enrollment Marketing Specialist
Job no: 504102
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions, UPST
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Enrollment Marketing Specialist
DIVISION: University Marketing
DEPARTMENT: University Marketing
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 12
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
EEO STATUS: 32
JOB CODE: 0735
REPORTS TO: Assistant VC for Marketing & Communications
SUPERVISION: May supervise the work of students as needed
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: Salary Ranges
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Working collaboratively with University Marketing and university enrollment areas, document and manage marketing communications designed to recruit and enroll qualified students. The Enrollment Marketing Specialist will be responsible for gathering and organizing project deliverables and ensuring deadlines are met. Write and edit enrollment communications, following Marketing best practices and branding requirements.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with the University Marketing team and enrollment teams, plan, develop and implement student recruitment marketing and communication strategies to support enrollment goals.
- Using enrollment cycles and recruitment funnel conversions, assist leadership in developing short and long-term communication plans to audiences such as prospects, prospective families, high school guidance counselors, and more.
- Develop project plans and work closely with members of the University Marketing team to create and/or update publications, website content, social media content, advertising, and email communications that focus on recruitment.
- Make recommendations for timely communications based on appropriate recruitment cycle timing and other considerations.
- Ensure marketing materials are consistent and accurate. Work with admissions areas and the Office of Institutional Research to gather corrections, then work with University Marketing team members to ensure consistency and accuracy. Write and edit communications as needed.
- Using the university CRM, write and edit email communications for leads, prospects, and applicants across the enrollment funnel, manage event communications, develop complex email campaign strategies.
- Support accurate integration of third-party name purchases into the CRM and work directly with educational membership organizations such as NRCCUA and Hobsons in recruiting efforts.
- Create, analyze and communicate marketing reports to drive effective marketing efforts.
- Actively participate and contribute at enrollment marketing meetings throughout campus departments; report on marketing analytics.
- As needed, attend on and off-campus events, supporting brand alignment of marketing materials and staying current with competitor marketing practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated (over three years) experience developing, managing and implementing projects from concept to execution.
OTHER: Some evening/weekend hours required. Local and regional travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills across a variety of media.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Strong initiative to develop creative approaches and solutions to problems
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with multiple teams as a liaison
- Ability to evaluate complex projects and make recommendations
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working with admissions or enrollment areas
- Strong skills in email marketing
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline to apply is January 29, 2020. The review of applications will begin January 30, 2020.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend