OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Marketing CRM Specialist
DIVISION: University Advancement
DEPARTMENT: University Marketing
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 11
EEO STATUS: 37
JOB CODE: 1107
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Web Systems and Communications
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $ https://www.umassd.edu/media/umassdartmouth/human-resources/policieslawsunion-contracts/ESU-Salary-Range-2018-2019.pdf
SUPERVISES: Supervise the work of student employees as requested.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Marketing CRM Specialist is responsible for creating and implementing professional digital marketing campaigns, mainly through university CRM systems. Working as a member of the Marketing team, the CRM Specialist will build, test and send email communications; develop email campaigns and registration forms while maintaining university brand, style, and messaging. In addition to working extensively with Marketing team members, this position will also work closely with university departments such as undergraduate, graduate, and online admissions to develop effective campaigns to increase university enrollment and event registration.
In addition: Follow the University's best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop emails and email campaigns for university constituencies including but not limited to undergraduate, graduate, online, campus community, alumni, and donors. Utilize university CRMs, including Salesforce/TargetX and iModules.
- Translate requirements from university constituents into effective email communications. Audience for emails can include student prospects, donors, alumni, or campus community.
- Build email templates via WYSIWYG and HTML/CSS, utilizing testing on multiple platforms. Emails should be mobile friendly, accurate, and branded properly.
- Build and execute complex email campaigns, including drip campaigns based on enrollment data.
- Correct email branding, messaging and tracking according to marketing standards.
- Event management via the CRM, implement triggered response emails.
- Build and manage forms, including event registration and student prospect (web inquiry) forms.
- Provide data reports as requested.
- Imports data as needed. Import contact information via .csv files into the CRM.
- Monitor data quality and take appropriate action to correct inaccuracies.
- Troubleshooting system errors, submitting tickets to vendors and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Provide user support to campus CRM users.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience (over one year) in a professional environment with CRM, web development (HTML and CSS), and/or business management system.
OTHER: Some local and regional travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent creative thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in higher education.
- Degree in Marketing or Communications
- Demonstrated experience with database administration.
- Writing and editing skills.
- Salesforce and/or TargetX experience.
- Qualtrics and/or iModules experience.
- Proficient in HTML and/or CSS.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for internal applicants to apply is January 23, 2020.
The review of applications will begin January 24, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.