Job no: 502965
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Communications Coordinator
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: Non-Unit
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EEO STATUS: 33
JOB CODE: 284
REPORTS TO: Chancellor
SUPERVISES: May supervise student employees.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The incumbent support the Office of the Chancellor in the development and implementation of social media strategy to increase visibility of the University and its leadership with local, state and national audiences to advance the University’s mission. Effectively manages and delivers communications through a variety of multi-media channels using current and emerging technology including social media, online community websites, video, etc. Partners with University leadership and others to develop and execute engaging and strategic communications in support of the University’s vision, goals, and strategic objectives. As such, the incumbent is a confidential employee as defined in M.G.L. Chapter 150E, Section1.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention and assists in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, writes, reviews and edits strategic communications for various media that supports the University’s brand, marketing, recruitment and public relations efforts.
- Develops and implements social media strategy to increase visibility of the University and its leadership with local, statewide and national audiences.
- Creates communication to position faculty, staff, and students as credible and timely sources of information on issues facing society.
- Coordinates communication initiatives with local, state and federal government officials.
- Coordinates communication initiative with business and community leaders.
- Coordinates internal and external communications related to University policy and initiatives.
- Assists the Chancellor and other University executives with development of speeches and presentations.
- Assists in development of briefings, position statements and testimony on legislation, regulations, and other public policy issues related to the University.
- Conducts research in order to provide briefing materials, and information on significant matters that require the Chancellor’s attention.
- Creates communications that align and balance the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Composes briefings and communications on a variety of matters, including those of a confidential nature.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, English, professional writing or related field in a relevant field or an equivalent record of professional achievement and qualifications with increasing levels of demonstrated success.
- Previous (over 1 year) professional writing and editing experience for a variety of media, with messages aimed at internal and external university audiences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills across a variety of media.
- Ability to effectively communicate scientific research and content to the general public.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Strong initiative to develop creative approaches and solutions to problems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects independently.
- Master’s Degree in related field
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend