Title IX Investigator/Compliance Coordinator
Job no: 502881
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Title IX Investigator / Compliance Coordinator
DIVISION: Human Resources
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources (HR)
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: Non-Unit
EEO STATUS: 3.1
JOB CODE: 056
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Diversity and Inclusion
SUPERVISES: Incumbent may supervise clerical and professional staff as appropriate to specific projects/tasks and at the direction of the Director of Diversity and Inclusion and/or the Director of Labor Relations.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:The Title IX Investigator / Compliance Coordinator has responsibility for administration and coordination of multiple functions in the Office of Human Resources (HR) with emphasis on investigating complaints of discrimination on the basis of protected class status, sexual harassment/sexual assault (Title IX), workplace bullying and retaliation, and violations of University policy and labor relations matters. The incumbent is also responsible for responding to requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability and sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance local, state, and federal law. The incumbent will facilitate and provide professional development opportunities in coordination with the Organizational Behavior Center for Excellence. The Title IX Investigator / Compliance Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Diversity and Inclusion, the Director of Labor Relations and other campus partners to ensure compliance with state and federal statutes & University policy. As such, the incumbent is a confidential employee as defined in M.G.L. Chapter 150E, Section 1.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigate and prepare confidential reports in response to complaints of alleged misconduct, bullying, discrimination and/or sexual harassment/sexual assault.
- Plan and provide educational programs, training, and development opportunities to members of the University community in the areas of employee relations, labor relations, non-discrimination, bullying, sexual harassment, Title IX, ADA.
- Assist with the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, as well as grievance and arbitration resolutions.
- Serve as a grievance hearing officer as needed
- May serve on committees and attend meetings as required.
- May perform other HR duties and participate in projects as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in related field or demonstrated combination of education, training and/or experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated (over 3 years) relevant professional experience in the area of workplace investigations, labor relations, alternate dispute resolution, or equal employment opportunity/human resources experience in a higher education institution or a large unionized organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct lawful investigations.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to pay strict attention to details and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory statues and guidelines, current court decisions, and directives regarding equal employment/education opportunity and labor relations.
- Familiarity with relevant operational technology.
- Familiarity with employment law.
- Experience developing and delivering training programs.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to deal tactfully with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to exercise initiative and motivation.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cohesively in a team setting.
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service with timely and accurate responses
- Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Experience in a union environment.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional reference. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend