OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Director of Organizational Development & Learning
DIVISION: Administrative & Fiscal Services
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: Non-Unit
EEO STATUS: 3.1
JOB CODE: 062
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice Chancellor for Organizational Behavior
SUPERVISES: May supervise professional and clerical staff
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Director of Organizational Development & Learning (OD & L) reports directly to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Organizational Behavior. The Director of OD & L will ensure high employee satisfaction and performance through positive employee interaction, development and delivery of quality training programs, departmental consulting and leadership coaching. The incumbent will be responsible for successfully partnering with the HR Leadership Team, HR Partners & campus leaders to build organizational capabilities that drive growth, advance the organization’s strategy and inclusive culture, create purposeful change, and provide innovative solutions to the University. The incumbent will be responsible for organizational design and effectiveness strategies. The OD & L Director will manage and support the assessment of organizational needs, including the design, implementation and evaluation of talent and development programs to facilitate organizational strategies, continuous improvement, and change management. The Director of OD & L will design, plan, implement and deliver the campus’ training and organizational development programs for employees. The incumbent will oversee the training calendar, departmental consulting, and support the division’s mission to facilitate educational opportunities for faculty and staff. The Director of OD & L will be involved in confidential employee matters and will have continuous access to highly confidential information. As such, the incumbent is a confidential employee as defined in M.G.L. Chapter 150E, Section 1.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for organizational assessment, alignment, change, and development in support of the University’s strategy, mission, vision and values.
· Provides resolutions in support of organizational initiatives.
· Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates organizational approaches and continuous improvement and learning activities to align with key strategies and to foster a culture of inclusion and excellence.
· Develops and implements change management methodologies and programs to drive change management projects with key stakeholders to promote a culture of trust, openness and inclusive participation.
· Designs, implements, manages, and evaluates all employee engagement, recognition, and professional development programs and initiatives.
· Manages individual development planning process for senior leaders and emerging leaders, including career development and management succession planning.
· Designs, implements and leads organization-wide learning and development, talent management, and talent engagement initiatives to ensure that individuals and teams are equipped with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to further the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
· Partners with Director of Labor Relations and the Director of Diversity and Inclusion to strategize, identify and develop performance improvement plans, training, and/or professional development opportunities for staff.
· Ensures that continuous improvement and learning activities are integrated with other Human Resources functions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
EXPERIENCE: Significant experience in training and professional development, preferably in a higher education environment or a comparable large, complex organization. Significant experience with organizational effectiveness or development in a large, complex organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Professional competence as an administrator and supervisor as evidenced by professional growth.
· Ability to problem-solve and negotiate in a complex, dynamic environment.
· Knowledge through direct experience of learning concepts, training and development methods and techniques.
· Experience in coaching and providing training for business partners and line managers.
· Demonstrated ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent presentation skills; proficient in the use of PowerPoint and Excel programs.
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
· Organizational Effectiveness/Development experience in the higher education environment.
· Experience in a unionized environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.