Assistant Professor of Management
Job no: 502587
Work type: Faculty Full Time
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS DARTMOUTH
Assistant Professor of Management
The Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth seeks to fill a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level in Organizational Behavior, Leadership, Human Resource Management, or Entrepreneurship effective September 1, 2020.
General Summary of Position: The Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Management. The preferred fields of specialization are Organizational Behavior, Leadership, Human Resource Management, or Entrepreneurship, but we are open to all interest areas.
Charlton is an AACSB accredited school with 8 undergraduate degree programs, a fast-growing MBA program and a number of specialized Master’s degree programs. The University supports the development of both quality teaching and quality research. We seek enthusiastic candidates that are excited about the opportunities of working with our students, scholarly environment and with both our local and global partners. We offer opportunities for collaboration through our growing network of partner schools in Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.
Our active Behavioral Research Lab offers support to faculty for a variety of research methods. The Behavioral Lab also offers faculty the opportunity to attend research methods conferences to learn new research methods and expand their research portfolio.
Located on the South Coast of Massachusetts, Dartmouth is near some of the most beautiful coastline in the United States. Dartmouth is also conveniently located near Cape Cod, Providence, Newport and Boston. New York is a three-hour train ride away.
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
- Completed doctorate with an emphasis in subject area from an AACSB-International accredited business school (must have completed doctorate by the date of appointment or August 2019)
- Evidence of ongoing scholarly journal publications in subject area or other related fields
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Teaching experience at the graduate and/or undergraduate levels
- Industrial or corporate business experience
- Evidence of publications in high quality journals in the field
- A record of teaching effectiveness at the graduate and/or undergraduate levels
- Commitment to develop and sustain a strong research program
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to speak and write English clearly
- Experience in teaching online or web-enhanced courses
- Interest in working closely with undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Interest in assisting students with career development.
- Cover Letter should detail research interests and accomplishments; teaching interests, experience and philosophy; and professional background.
- Sample of Scholarly Work/Publication including samples of recent publications.
- Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness: (e.g., student course evaluations, Chair reviews, teaching awards, student testimonials, etc.).
- Names and Contact information for three references: Should include position title, employing organization, mailing and e-mail addresses.
- All materials must be uploaded to the University Human Resource Department using the link specified for the tenure track Management search. No candidate may be considered until they have uploaded all necessary materials.
Representatives will be at the 2019 Academy of Management conference. Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend