OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Marketing and Operations Specialist
DIVISION: University Advancement
DEPARTMENT: UMass Dartmouth Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 11
EEO STATUS: 38
JOB CODE: 0735
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $ https://www.umassd.edu/media/umassdartmouth/human-resources/policieslawsunion-contracts/ESU-Salary-Range-2018-2019.pdf
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) provides infrastructure for early-stage technology venture companies (TVCs), executes programming for the entrepreneurial community, serves are a critical link between students and the startup community, and is the “front door” for corporations of all sizes to access university resources. The Marketing and Operations Specialist runs and executes the day-to-day responsibilities of the CIE. This position is responsible for the supporting the TVCs from the day of their first tour of the facility through their residency and “graduation” into the South Coast economy, for developing ideas for programming and driving the execution of the programs, and is a point person for integrating the CIE with campus. This position will also maintain and track key CIE metrics to support grant funding and reporting. Responsible for supporting the marketing of the CIE. Follow the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- TVC Operations Management
- Identify opportunities including attracting early stage companies that are seeking help with commercializing their product.
- Conduct tours for prospective TVCs
- Facilitate the application process
- Prepare and support the execution of license agreements
- Coordinate connections between the TVCs and campus
- Programming and event management
- Develop content ideas for networking events and workshops
- Coordinate speakers
- Propose pricing based on event cost analysis
- Coordinate the marketing of the events
- Manage the execution of the event including interfacing with campus resources
- Greet guests and coordinate day-of execution
- Support TVCs and outside constituents who use/rent the CIE conference space
- Support Marketing the CIE
- Participate in strategy development
- Gather, update and catalog key CIE and TVC performance data
- Develop collateral materials (including print, video, web and other electronic assets) and as necessary, coordinate with third party resources
- Regularly publish the CIE newsletter; manage the CIE newsletter database
- Promote the CIE via Social Media
- Engage the community
- Attend networking events held at the CIE
- Create and execute outreach campaigns to past and prospective clients
- Coordinate the work of interns when we have them
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, operations, strategy, communications and/or entrepreneurship, or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Previous (over one year) experience organizing programs or events, and promoting/nurturing start-up environments.
OTHER: Nights and weekends as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Confidence in verbal communication
- Ability to facilitate dialogue among a diverse constituency
- Strong written communication
- Ability to lead near peers
- High energy, ambitious and outgoing personality
- Ability to take a project from concept to conclusion seamlessly, with the judgment when to make decisions and when to seek input
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS Office, Web development, and design tools
- Network of connections at UMassD campus
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for internal applicants to apply is December 27, 2019.
The review of applications will begin December 28, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.