UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS DARTMOUTH
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Full-time, Benefited, Temporary, 10 Month Position
General Summary of Position: Assists with the coordination and administration of prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries for participants in Athletic Department activities. Duties are performed primarily during Fall and Spring semesters.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the head athletic trainer in all aspects of the athletic training programs, including prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries for all student-athletes.
- Assist the head athletic trainer in athletics team practice and event coverage.
- Serve as off-site instructor for student interns from other colleges and universities.
- Provide training to work-study students in areas of First Aid, game and practice management and assisting with rehabilitation protocols.
- Coordinates schedules of student workers to ensure coverage for all practices and contests.
- Assists with processing claims for athletic insurance.
- Assists with the supervision and daily operation of the training room facility including inventory and budgeting.
- Provides direction in absence of Head Athletic Trainer.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic training or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated experience in the treatment of injuries in a collegiate setting.
OTHER: Certification by the National Athletic Trainer’s Associates; Massachusetts licenses or eligible for state license. Weekend, evening and holiday hours are required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain favorable relations with all groups within the university community.
- Ability to supervise, instruct and deal effectively with student and staff.
- Strong commitment to the NCAA Division III Philosophy.
- Master’s Degree in Athletic training or related field.
- CPR-First Aid-AED instructor.
- Experience in working multi-sport, broad based intercollegiate programs.
DIVISION: Administration and Finance
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 13
EEO STATUS: 32
JOB CODE: 199
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Head Athletic Trainer
SUPERVISES: Assists with supervision of N.A.T.A. certified trainers, student-trainers and work-study students.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants is September 17, 2019
The deadline for EXTERNAL applicants is September 23, 2019