UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS DARTMOUTH
Assistant Director of Marketing and Recruitment, Office of Graduate Studies and Admissions
Full-time, Benefited Position
General Summary of Position: The Assistant Director will manage various functional and technical operations related to the marketing of all graduate programs and the recruitment of graduate students. Recruit students for all UMass Dartmouth graduate degree and certificate programs, working with other relevant offices and personnel as appropriate, to achieve enrollment goals. The Graduate Admissions Office is a busy, service-oriented office that markets graduate programs, recruits prospective students, processes graduate applications, and manages the admissions process.
Follow the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to assemble and distribute regularly updated information (e.g. fact sheets, brochures) pertaining to graduate programs and application procedures.
- Manage the development and implementation of the Office of Graduate Studies & Admissions web site as a primary source of information pertaining to graduate programs and as a means for prospective students to submit applications and maintain and enhance communication between UMass Dartmouth and prospective students.
- Provide various student-centered services to enhance enrollment and retention of graduate students including but not limited to counseling international students on visa/immigration and cultural issues in conjunction with the International Student and Scholar Center, coordinating housing opportunities for students, etc.
- Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies (e.g., purchasing of GRE and GMAT search lists, participating in recruitment fairs, developing annual recruitment calendar).
- Develop and implement plans for use of social media such as Twitter and Instagram to promote graduate programs.
- Develop and implement effective messages using the University’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Promote graduate programs through on-campus workshops and graduate fairs, and collaborate with relevant others (e.g., Career Center) to do so.
- Perform administrative functions pertaining to graduate recruitment and admissions including but not limited to monitoring students’ applications for completeness and timeliness; following up on missing requirements; entering information into databases, analyzing data and producing reports; coordinating with academic and administrative departments; tracking, monitoring and following up with GPD’s on outstanding applications that are awaiting decision.
- Participate in the review and evaluation of application materials including the assessment of transcripts and standardized test scores to help make admissions decisions.
- Coordinate communication among applicant, administrative department and academic departments.
- Perform other functions related to marketing of graduate programs and recruitment of graduate students.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
EDUCATION: Baccalaureate degree
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated experience (at least three (3) years) in higher education, admissions, student services or other related administrative office.
OTHER: Must be willing to travel during some periods of the year (may have to use own automobile).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent written & oral communication skills, and ability to exercise judgment in working with students, faculty, & staff
• Knowledgeable about current admission practices
• Strong skills in maintenance and use of procedural systems, communication systems, and information systems
• Ability to work independently under general guidance
• Ability to use computing software packages including word processing, spread sheets and databases and to work with a comprehensive student information system and to produce analyses and reports
- Experience in admissions including recruiting activities, publications, and communications
- Experience in using the PeopleSoft student information system and Document Imaging
- Familiarity with graduate student programming and requirements
- Familiarity with international student programming and requirements
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Graduate Studies
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 13
EEO STATUS: 31
JOB CODE: 0230
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Graduate Studies & Admissions
SUPERVISES: May supervise clerical and/or student employees
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for internal applicants to apply is September 18, 2019.
The review of applications will begin September 19, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.