Job no: 499386
Work type: Staff Part Time
Categories: Seasonal - Athletics
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS DARTMOUTH
Part-time Non Benefited, Temporary Position: Athletics
This position serves as an overall leader of the Men's & Women's Diving program and embraces the vision of principled leadership, academic integration and excellence in college athletics. This person will be expected to set the program's goals, vision and strategic direction and will be responsible for all aspects of the program, including student-athlete development, academic monitoring, technology and media as appropriate.
The Diving Coach will be responsible for ensuring that student-athletes have a positive experience, achieve and maintain peak performance with minimal risk of injury. Our program success is defined broadly and involves much more than winning - a successful program imparts life lessons which results in high levels of student satisfaction. The Diving Coach must reflect the highest levels of integrity, ethical behavior and adhere to University, conference and NCAA Division III principles.
This position will coach and develop student-athletes; plan and direct the overall training strategy for the program; communicate practice, training and competition schedules; oversee strength and conditioning of the divers; develop and implement a student-athlete recruiting strategy and spearhead fundraising efforts and alumni/ae engagement. The Diving Coach will promote and market the University with a goal of maximizing recruitment, admissions and retention.
The Diving Coach will report to the Head Coaches for Men's & Women's Swimming & Diving.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 seasons of coaching diving or diving experience as an athlete in intercollegiate competition.
- Valid drivers' license
- Must be administratively self-sufficient and be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, eDive and web applications.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to work with and relate well to a diverse group of athletes, administrators, and University constituents.
- Should have basic video filming, editing and analytical ability. as you may be driving student-athletes during out-of-town travel.
Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis. Sponsorship is not available.
UMass Dartmouth is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Title IX Employer.
The University of Massachusetts reserves the right to conduct background checks on all potential employees.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
To apply please submit online a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The review of applications will begin June 5, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend