OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Enrollment Systems/Marketing Coordinator
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Online & Continuing Education
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU, Cat. 13
EEO STATUS: 3.8
JOB CODE: 043
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice Chancellor
MINIMUM STARTING: $47,860
SUPERVISES: Student employees as assigned
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Enrollment Systems/Marketing Coordinator focuses on increasing enrollment in Online & Continuing Education (OCE) through communications and customer management activities. This person also works collaboratively with University Marketing to develop and manage the strategic engagement and communications activities for OCE in a fashion that supports the University brand. This individual coordinates internal and external communications and marketing activities such as advertising, e-communications, publications, social media, enrollment events, and media relations, and advises OCE management on the development of engagement and communications protocols. This person is responsible for updating and maintaining the department’s website, social media channels, and CRM-related recruitment tools. This person works with the CRM and other university systems and various departments throughout the university to improve business processes, automate manual processes, and employ best practices.
Follow the University's best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engages prospective transfer and first-year students and current UMassD students in ongoing dialog about the UMass Dartmouth online and continuing education programs through interactions that include the CRM, web, social media, online and traditional marketing channels, and personal communications.
- Develops, maintains and implements a communications calendar that includes social media, advertising, publications, e-communications, and phone solicitation/follow up. Ensure timely and relevant updates to all communications channels.
- Develops and implements an engagement plan with the OCE enrollment team focused on building relationships with representatives of community colleges, businesses, and other education institutions to facilitate enrollment at UMass Dartmouth.
- Support OCE staff in implementing and maintaining effective communication methods and processes to ensure timely response efforts. Create regular reports that support these initiatives and develop best-practice documentation.
- Works in close collaboration with University Marketing on the writing, editing, and publication for OCE publications and print materials, and web and e-communications. Collaborates with OCE leadership and University Marketing on the development of new communications/outreach products and initiatives and updates to current products. Develops content to be used across marketing channels in a timely manner including social media and the website, utilizing university branding and communication best practices.
- Manages the CRM for OCE including email content creation/implementation/updates, event creation and promotion, call lists for the OCE staff, and compose department reports and analytics based on institutional CRM protocols. Produce multi-variant reporting through CRM to provide analytics and projections.
- Manage the website and associated social media channels through relevant and timely content updates and maintenance, and coordinate the website updates for functionality and design.
- Develops and manages recruitment schedule and ensures suitable coverage of events, college fairs, and recruitment activities.
- Documents communications operating procedures and guidelines, and manage the quality assurance process for department communication projects and processes.
- Collaborate with the Marketing staff to ensure department materials, where relevant, are consistent in theme and University brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelors’ degree
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated experience (over three year) in one or more of the following: admissions, marketing or sales.
Demonstrated experience (over three year) working with a CRM system such as Salesforce.
Successful experience in planning, implementing, and managing communications strategies and translating complex concepts/projects into compelling and clear materials suitable for a general audience.
OTHER: Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed. Some travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills across a variety of media.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Proficiency with modern publishing and web-based communication methods/tools.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, (Power Point, Excel, and Word) required.
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines with attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to changing needs and priorities.
- Excellent skills in planning and managing content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.).
- Master's degree in Communications, Educational Leadership, Marketing
- Experience in a university or college setting; and a background in online and continuing education.
- Ability to manage websites using a Content Management System (CMS like Terminal 4, Drupal, etc.)
- Knowledge of graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite 5 or later, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.).
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professionals @ https://www.umassd.edu/hr/employment-opportunities/.
The deadline for INTERNAL APPLICANTS to apply is April 22, 2019.
The review of applications will begin April 23, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.