Job no: 494845
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Other Staff Positions
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS DARTMOUTH
OFFICAL JOB TITLE: Research Associate
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
WORKING TITLE: Research Associate
DEPARTMENT: Ctr for Marketing Research
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: Faculty Federation
EEO STATUS: 3.5
JOB CODE: 122
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of the Center for Marketing Research
SUPERVISES: Supervises graduate research assistants and undergraduate research projects
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provide research support on grant-funded, pro bono and service agreements as assigned by the Director of the Center for Marketing Research, including activities related to the completion of projects and agreements. Maintain the Center for Marketing Research library and records system. Assist in managing and updating Center for Marketing Research publicity and communications. Serve as project director for student conducted research projects.
Follow the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct and/or supervise research activities in the Center for Marketing Research.
- Design and report on a wide range of studies, including customer satisfaction surveys.
- Research and explore new markets, develop and manage data bases, and create promotional campaigns.
- Manage budgets for proposals and finances of the Center.
- Assist and manage all Center events, including seminars, workshops, advisory board meetings, and the annual Celebrity/Scholarship Dinner.
- Create and disseminate all publicity, programs, agendas, and presentations.
- Oversee all record keeping, filing, organizing of documents, contracts, proposals, and projects.
- Responsible for the Center’s web content, layout and all communications regarding the Center site.
- Responsible for assigning work, training telephone survey assistants, and insuring that the work is completed successfully.
- Represent the Center at meeting when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: M.A. in Marketing or M.B.A. with Marketing Concentration.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in a combination of data research and analysis, report preparation and publishing, project management, or other related experience.
OTHER: Ability to work nights/weekends in order to complete projects as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Access, SPSS, Peoplesoft, and Qualtrics.
- Experience with Power Point presentation of research findings.
- Ability to design surveys, construct statistically valid samples, and manage data bases in SPSS.
- Ability to work in high intensity work environment with public visibility.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time.
- Ability and commitment to meet tight project deadlines without exception.
- Ability to supervise undergraduate research assistants.
- Ability to liaison between center and project sponsors.
- Experience in an academic research center
- Post-Graduate certificate in Marketing Research
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline to apply is August 20, 2018.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend