Part Time Fitness Center Assistant
Job no: 494409
Work type: Staff Part Time, Hourly
Categories: Seasonal - Athletics
The Fitness Center Assistant assists the Fitness Center Director in the overall management of the fitness center, performs one on one and group exercise instruction, and serves as Strength and Conditioning Coach for Intercollegiate Athletes under the direction of the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer service
- Overseeing operations and supervising work-study students working the reception desk.
- Implement and monitor team training sessions.
- Teach group exercise classes.
- Instruct new and existing members on the proper use of fitness center equipment.
- Develops, implements, and monitors training programs for athletic teams, intercollegiate student-athletes, students, faculty, and university staff under the direction of the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator.
- Help provide literature to educate the campus community on wellness and fitness programs.
- Develop special programs to engage with students and encourage participation in fitness programming.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in sports management, physical education, recreation, athletic training or related field.
CERTIFICATION: CSCS - NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
CSCCA – Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified
EXPERIENCE: Previous instructor experience in physical education programs and/or recreation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain favorable relations with all groups within the university community.
- Ability to supervise, instruct, and deal effectively with students and staff.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated experience writing programs for collegiate athletes.
- Night and weekend work will be required.
- 20 hours per week, 30-40 weeks annually.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for up to three professional references.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend