The Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth seeks a Full Time Lecturer to teach four sections per semester of Marketing undergraduate and graduate courses, effective September 1, 2018.
General Summary of Position: The Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is seeking a full time lecturer with expertise in the areas of marketing such as marketing research, marketing management, sales management, digital marketing, etc. In addition to documented success teaching at the college level, our ideal candidate will have the experience needed to build the Marketing program through activities such as academic advising, club advising, career counseling, and collaboration with the business community, student recruitment/retention, and curriculum development.
Located on the beautiful South Coast of Massachusetts, Dartmouth is near some of the most beautiful coastline in the United States. Dartmouth is also conveniently located near Providence and Newport, Rhode Island, as well as Boston, Massachusetts and New York is a three hour train ride. The Charlton College of Business is an AACSB accredited school with 8 undergraduate degree programs, a fast growing MBA program and a number of specialized Master's degree programs.
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
- Masters degree or higher with emphasis in subject area from an accredited university.
- Teaching experience at the graduate and/or undergraduate levels.
- Five or more years of progressive full time work experience, or starting and running a firm.
- Willingness to perform duties as an academic advisor and student club advisor.
- Experience in business community outreach and engagement.
- Willingness and experience to work with diverse groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates ongoing professional activity and engagement related to professional background and experience
- Experience in teaching online or willingness to learn.
- Experience with recruitment and retention
- Experience in academic advising, career advising, and/or student club advising or willingness to gain experience in these areas
To apply please submit a cover letter which should include: reasons for interest in the position; professional background; teaching interests, experience and philosophy; evidence of teaching effectiveness: (e.g., student course evaluations, Chair reviews, teaching awards, student testimonials, etc.); the names and contact information for three references. References should include title, employing organization, mailing and e-mail addresses.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Hiring for this position is subject to final budgetary approval.
Confidential references may be sent to Delores Almeida, email@example.com.
The University of Massachusetts reserves the right to conduct background checks on potential employees.