General Summary of Position: Assists the Director of Graduate Studies and Admissions with various activities of the Office. Provides admissions and enrollment services to prospective, new, and continuing students; reviews and implements admission decisions, assists in evaluation of credentials from international applicants; manages IT related to graduate admissions; works closely with international recruitment institutions to increase enrollment; updates the Graduate Catalog in a timely manner; provides correct information on the university's graduate academic programs; assists in the area of graduate program recruitment, including prospecting, recruiting, and yield-enhancement functions utilizing personal contacts, communications, publications, and activities.
Follow the University's best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the management of the administrative and electronic systems for admission to graduate programs to ensure timely and accurate processing and communications
- Implements graduate admissions decisions while ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures
- Manage the evaluation of international educational credentials and manage UMassD systems/protocols to maximize efficient processing of international credentials
- Manages and improves information technology software and automation processes pertaining to graduate admissions (including working with CITS/UMassD and UITS/Shrewsbury)
- Manages re-admission, leave of absence and withdrawal processes for graduate students
- Works with the Registrar’s Office to monitor students’ progress for possible academic sanctions
- Assists in the planning and delivery of internal and external recruiting initiatives (including strategic use of CRM software such as TargetX)
- Coordinates and manages issues pertaining to accelerated bachelor's/master's programs
- Collaborates and closely works with UMassD recruitment initiatives such as international third-party recruitment institutions. Advises students and faculty on relevant policies, and monitors compliance
- Participates in creation and updating of relevant web-based and print-based publications (including fact sheets and Graduate Catalog)
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated experience (over three years) in higher education programs and services pertaining to graduate admissions, enrollment or support.
OTHER:Flexible schedule and off-campus travel as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to exercise judgment in working with students, faculty, and staff
- Knowledgeable about current admission practices
- Strong skills in maintenance and use of procedural systems, communication systems, and information systems
- Ability to work independently under general guidance
- Ability to use computing software packages including word processing, spread sheets and databases and to work with a comprehensive student information system and to produce analyses and reports
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
BARGAINING UNIT: ESU
DEPARTMENT: Graduate Admissions
CATEGORY: ESU, Category 12
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EEO STATUS: 3.1 JOB CODE: 023
REPORTS TO: Director of Graduate Studies and Admissions
SUPERVISES: Provide functional supervision to clerical and student employees.
- Experience in admissions including recruiting activities, publications, and communications
- Experience in using the PeopleSoft student information system Document Imaging
- Familiarity with graduate student programming and requirements
- Familiarity with international student programming and requirements
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNALS is January 29, 2018. The review of applications will begin
January 30, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.